Forums Latest Members
  1. darylns Nov 2, 2017

Hey, I kind of like the look of these watches (pretty unique if you ask me) but i'm looking to see if anyone has had one on wrist and their opinions.

https://www.klokers.com/en/

Cheers!

2. gdupree Nov 2, 2017

I certainly don't have one. It's interesting on some level, but their website really doesn't have much info on it.

They simply claim a "swiss made movement," but the watch appears to be controlled via 3V micro motors, so it's electronic. Technically digital, it's not really my cup of tea, and I have a hard time ever feeling like you're getting your money's worth on a micro-brand startup.

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 2, 2017

If you like wearing a slide rule on your wrist have at it. Fashion watch. To each his own.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 2, 2017

The watch is powered by a Swiss Ronda quartz movement...took me about 3 minutes to find that on their site...

5. Ninja2789 Nov 2, 2017

I got a change to try these on while at NYC windup. I actually thought the whole concept was pretty interesting given you rarely see a new take on how to show time. However I probably just too used to having lugs and a more integrated feel between my watch and my strap.

The Klockers have this modular strap/attachment that just felt like things were floating on my wrist. Just not my cup of tea.

Regarding the watch itself, as most people have said, the Klock-1 (slide rule one) was almost impossible to read. I suppose I would get used to it given time. I preferred the Klock-2 (retrograde) since it felt more comfortable on the eyes.

6. DesignerV Nov 2, 2017

Agree with @Ninja2789 that they ride pretty high on the wrist. I also caught them at Wind-Up, and enjoyed checking them out. I like them as something out of the ordinary. I have to commend the apparent quality of the attachment mechanism and the variety of strap options.

Klock-1
    IMG_5763.JPG

Klock-2
    IMG_5762.JPG

Plus an E.W. for size reference...
    IMG_5784.JPG

Jimos likes this.
  7. darylns Nov 3, 2017

Thanks for everyone's opinion!

8. Waltesefalcon Nov 8, 2017

Cool design, but not my cup of tea. If I was going to buy a watch like the Klock-2 I'd opt for a Lord Elgin Chevron Jump like this one.

u2.jpg
  9. jaspert Nov 9, 2017

Love the Lord Elgin.

Klocker is funky but not my thing either.

10. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 9, 2017

Not my thing either. If I was going for a "disc" watch (which I'm not) hunting down a Seiko SCBS007 would be at the top of my list ;)

Seiko burger.jpg

Waltesefalcon likes this.