Forums Latest Members
  1. Kreindog24 Mar 12, 2017

I was looking at @Alpha Poljot Alarm for sale on the Private Forum and it sent me off on a week long jag into the deep, dark recesses of eBay. I know more about Russian/Soviet watches than I ever thought possible. I've enjoyed looking at the Cold War era watches but one that has really struck me is the 60's Kirovskie, nicknamed the Crab or Shark. I was wondering if anyone has any information on this watch. There's not a lot out there. I know that it was manufactured at the 1st Moscow Watch Company. They also have many different color outer dials with a typically white inner dial. Rarely you can find a brown one, as I was able. Here's the one I picked up for just under $100. Thanks for any insight. If you have one, please share!

image.jpeg

Here's an example from the Internet with a teal dial

image.jpeg

ahartfie and Egatdagi like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 13, 2017

Striking design - looks like a very nice cheap thrill. :thumbsup:

Kreindog24 likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 13, 2017

Nothing like a OF rabbit hole.

The amount of them I have been on over the years :whistling: ( some have cost me more than $100 but )

Kreindog24 likes this.
  4. Kreindog24 Apr 10, 2017

Mine came in today. Nice buy for under $100. Love the chocolate dial and really changes in the sunlight. Satisfies my Cold War era spy novel urges. Nothing like a 60s Russian wristwatch. Say that 3 times fast!!

IMG_1956.JPG IMG_1958.JPG IMG_1964.JPG

Kik_Kat_Kish and ahartfie like this.