Just won this on eBay: 1960' Omega 37.5 mm Spider Lugs Ref 2603

I just won this auction for $525.

Can anyone tell me if it's a good deal on this and if this is a good piece.

It says dial has been refinished, which I'm ok with.

Here's the rest of the description:
Original OMEGA Model Ref. 2603. Stainless Steel. Round shaped, jumbo size, with charming 'spider' lugs and brushed snap back. Original Omega crown signed with logo. Measures 37.5 mm wide without the crown and 44.5 mm long. Signed inside 'Omega Watch Co., Fab. Suisse, Swiss Made, Acier Inoxydable, 2603 - 7'.

The purists will disagree, but even with the refinished dial I think that's a pretty good price for a large and striking watch.

Like 2
The purists will disagree, but even with the refinished dial I think that's a pretty good price for a large and striking watch.

Ya I figured same, I really liked the dial and I feel like price is great for a piece of Omega. Well, let's see when it comes in if it lives up haha

That smear at the '32 minute mark would be too much for me to unsee. But, the important thing is that you like the watch.

Like 2
That smear at the '32 minute mark would be too much for me to unsee. But, the important thing is that you like the watch.
I noticed that too, but then again other options cost more and had other imperfections. I personally don't mind some character on vintage pieces, if its small scratches or imperfections.

When you buy a watch like this, you should just enjoy it. Don't join a collector's forum and ask if it's a good deal and a good piece.

Like 8
When you buy a watch like this, you should just enjoy it. Don't join a collector's forum and ask if it's a good deal and a good piece.
Ok if you say so

Personally I like to find original dials. I love the old worn knackered look with patina Knowing it's had a really hard life with loads of history. It's a shame when people redial but it's expected in certain circumstances but it's Especially a shame when there's nothing much wrong with them and they want to make them look brand new / modern

Like 1
If you like the watch then enjoy. If you wish to join this Forum then don't let individuals knock you.

Like 1
To answer your direct question, I do not think this is a good deal nor a good piece. Personally, wouldnt pay any money whatsoever for something so blatantly redone, it will be extremely hard to sell it if you ever want to.

As others mentioned, if you enjoy it, thats all that truly matters.

Like 1
Nice watch and good price. You will also be able to sell it quite easily should you decide

I never had a problem selling refinished watches

Like 1
thanks everyone. it was my first vintage buy and since I'm still new im sure I made mistakes and also wasn't ready for a beat up looking watch. Maybe once I have a couple I will buy a truly untouched one, but I odnt mind something being refinished.

Personally I like to find original dials. I love the old worn knackered look with patina Knowing it's had a really hard life with loads of history. It's a shame when people redial but it's expected in certain circumstances but it's Especially a shame when there's nothing much wrong with them and they want to make them look brand new / modern
I do agree with you partially, because I dont want it to look super new, since its vintage I am hoping there are some imperfections.

Like 1
I’m taking my “collector” radar off line here. So for $600 bucks you are getting a nice, fashionable watch with a good movement and some level of pedigree. It’s of little collector value, but damn, it looks great and is oversized.

Like 4
I’m taking my “collector” radar off line here. So for $600 bucks you are getting a nice, fashionable watch with a good movement and some level of pedigree. It’s of little collector value, but damn, it looks great and is oversized.
You have nailed it!

Sure, you overpaid by collector standards, but you can always make more money, and what you spent will soon be forgotten. Only 1 out of 9,000 people will notice a watch anyway, so, unless you fall into a pit of Omega Forums members, you will likely enjoy wearing this watch.

Like 1
No worry! The one thing we ALL can share is that we have ALL overpaid for watches in our early days of collecting. I paid more than you did for an obviously (in retrospect) totally AM Seiko Turtle diver, even after obsessively studying them for a week. This is an attractive Omega and you like it, so enjoy. Plenty of time for more.... Welcome to OF

Like 1
Welcome to the forum. I will consider this a win. As “all original “ jumbos usually goes for 1500USD or more and to the untrained eye may look sloppier than this example.
Stick around and your taste may improve ( or shall we call it “worsen”) and things like sharpness of the case rather than the shininess will grow on you.
Don’t mind the big bosses who imply you shouldn’t be even here, they are really nice, helpful people but don’t expect validation from them after everything is done. Ask beforehand and see how helpful they are.

Like 4
Wanted to thank everyone for feedback, even the critics. I'm awaiting my first Omega in the mail and looking for another piece, Seamaster Cosmic 2000.