Forums Latest Members

Just shy or damn rare - Omega Geneve Cal 602 in white and rose gold

1. duffy7 Jan 19, 2018

Hi folks,

I was lucky enough to catch one those rare Omega Geneve Cal 602 Chronometer rated just before christmas.

After doing a bit of research I found an Omega part sheet which says that there should also be a version with a rose gold and with a white gold case.

Mine is yellow gold all the other I found on the net (which are not that much) do have a yellow gold case.

I would like to know whether there are also examples in rose or in white gold out there. Maybe someone can share pictures of these rare birds.

This one is mine :)

20171221_123701.jpg
    Edited Jan 19, 2018
  2. Vanallard Jan 19, 2018

I’ve only seen yellow gold examples. Here is one I purchased recently.

749E0D6F-A58C-49B2-9A1C-8976968EDBC6.jpeg
  3. duffy7 Jan 19, 2018

Here is the Omega parts sheet which Bill Sohne posted some years ago on watchprosite. According to his post this sheet is from authorized dealer reference book.
    The BB stands for rose gold and the BC for white gold.
    http://www.old-omegas.com/ommetcod.html

omega_image.379227.jpg
  4. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2018

HI

yes indeed. I took it out of my friends book ! My friend was a Authorized Omega service center in the 60s and 70s in the USA,,,,,

I think I saw a Rose gold once years ago.... never came across a white gold example ... On yellow gold examples I have seen champagne gold color dial and stark silver dials.... but they were all of the same style the color of the dial was different....

Then @Joe K. post this one for sale as a movement and dial only... it had a dial design I have not seen before and it was less "formal" . I bought it and it still in a "project box" looking for a good steel Omega case for it .... Thanks @Joe K.

I bought this movement and dial....
    dial6.jpg.jpg dial4.jpg.jpg dial3.jpg.jpg dial2.jpg.jpg dial1.jpg mov2.jpg.jpg mov1.jpg

Here is the txt from my old post on Puristpro

The last of the manual wind time only chronometers....
    Jun 19, 2007,07:07 AM

Hi all

As Omega entered the 1960s the demand for manual wind watches was on the decrease. The sales of automatic watches was on the rise, time only, time and date, and even chronometers.

By 1962-63 Omega retired tbe 30 mm movement line. They replaced it with the caliber 60x line. The 600 series caliber is a stripped down 55x automatic. Most Omega collectors hold the 552 as one of Omegas best calibers period.

With all the above said the future of Omega’s manual wind time only chronometer wristwatch was coming to a close. They released caliber 602 time only manual wind with bulletin ( chronometer rated) caliber. This caliber was used in only one case reference 137 001. The watch was part of the Geneve line. It was a simple 33 mm round with thin lugs and thin bezel. Its monocoqe caseback is marked “tool 105” which was the proper tool to remove the crystal and to open the case. It was offered in white, pink and yellow gold only.

The Omega Saga book list the movement as “uncommon” approx 4000 made. In contrast to millions of automatic chronometers Omega was producing at the same exact time. I did find a mistake in the” Omega Saga” as it list the 602 ” as used in manual wind Constellations”.

Until the release of the Railmaster manual wind chronometer a few years ago the Geneve Chronometer was the last in-house time only manual wind wristwatch that Omega produced.

Here is an example from my collection… ( sold to a friend ) I have come across two dial and hand configurations: one is luminous hands and markers and the other non-luminous.

I have come across the Geneve Chronometer in a few places over the years. But most people just pass them by…

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2018

also your looks great ... you can see the bevel at the ends of the lugs !!! nice and sharp

Bill

watchyouwant, TexOmega and duffy7 like this.
  6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 19, 2018

[​IMG]

The leftmost one has original box, hangtag, strap and buckle. And no haven't seen a rose or white gold version.

7. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2018

Hi m!

How are you ?

Best

Bill

8. duffy7 Jan 19, 2018

Wow - great collection eben with a golden dial. Which dial colour do the other ones have. Is it white gold or is it just the picture?
    Duffy

9. duffy7 Jan 19, 2018

Thanks for sharing all the information. After the research I made by now and according to your thoughts on this topic I have doubts if there is a version with a white gold case.
    Rose gold version - sounds like a new Target :)

I like the style of the dial in your post. Few weeks ago I saw one on the net with the same dial. You don't go for an original golden case for your dial or do you think this will quite a challange?
    Duffy

10. Edward53 Jan 19, 2018

Just wondering why auto chronometer movements are marked Adjusted x positions and temperatures but manual ones aren't.

11. mac_omega Jan 20, 2018

this is not correct.

Many cal 30 T2 (SC) Rg chronometres have the mentioned text - but not all...

12. Dr No Jan 20, 2018

Thought I saw a rose gold version for sale on eBay a few years ago, sourced in Denmark. Never seen white.

Here's mine . . .

IMG_0010 8.JPG

. . . acquired from a friend.

Art

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  13. minutenrohr Jan 20, 2018

Here´s my former Genève Chronometer (+ online offer from ca. 2003) - rgds - h.u.
    omega chr602-1.jpg omega genève chronometer.jpg

mattiascollin likes this.
  14. minutenrohr Jan 20, 2018

P.S.: That was not MY offer but the one of the seller...

15. Vitezi Jan 20, 2018

16. duffy7 Mar 6, 2018

Something really cool came in today. Not a Rose gold example but one with an uncommon dial in mint condition. Without mine I have seen this dial version only four times (two in the OF, one in Italy and an other one I can't remember in detail.
    Mine comes from Portugal from a really nice guy.

DSC03069.JPG
  17. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2018

hi

i have the same dial.... but i bought mine as amovement and dial only.... case was scrapped before I got it...

now looking for a steel case to the job.

bill

mattiascollin likes this.
  18. duffy7 Mar 6, 2018

Hi bill,

yours is one out of two from OF. ☺