Forums Latest Members
  1. Gordon Heavyfoot Sep 27, 2016

...and I came upon this listing. It intrigued me because it states in the listing that it's been "professionally refinished". To my still-fairly-n00bieish eyes it looks to be a helluva good refinish. There are some tiny inconsistencies with the hour and minute markers, but very small, unless this is merely distortion? And I see that the dial says T Swiss Made T, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is incorrect here. I've been on the lookout for a good condition example of this watch. Are there any concerns that I'm missing? Are these the correct hands? (Not interested in this example, just continuing my vintage Omega education.) As always, thanks for extending the courtesy of your time, pun intended.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OMEGA...-GOLD-AUTO-MEN-WATCH-/282195777761?nav=SEARCHPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 27, 2016

The first thing I notice is also what you've commented on about the minute markers. I don't know about crystal distortion but look at the gap between the "step" of the pie pan and the markers between 6 and 7 hours, then look at the same gap between, say, 1 and 2. Looks off to me.

3. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 27, 2016

I agree - that's a lot to pay for a redial

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 27, 2016

The case has been polished to hell and back.
    The dial itself has been distorted in shape, the facets are now small. Central disc appears too large. Perhaps ground down, or re-stamped, or even crystal distortion? Regardless the arrowheads are placed wrong.
    Of course the script is wrong, but we already know it is a redial. Comparison with a normal pink gold Constellation 2700 aadf.jpg .

Darlinboy likes this.
  5. WatchmakerTheory Sep 28, 2016

Yeah, I'd definitely pass on this one.

Sherbie likes this.
  6. Waltesefalcon Sep 30, 2016

The thing I do like about it is the photo of the back of the dial; this is the first time I have seen how they soldered the dials up.

7. alam Sep 30, 2016

and listed for only $2899..:eek: