Forums Latest Members

Just moved to Australia, need watchmaker recommendations...

1. timjohn Feb 5, 2015

Hi,

I just moved back to Sydney after seven years in Asia, and I'm looking for recommendations for a watchmaker who can service watches from the 40s, 50s and 60s, principally vintage complicated Universals, a couple of Rolexes and a couple of Omegas.

Any help gratefully received,

best regards

tim

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 5, 2015

Was a guy in the blue mountains that is good for early stuff watches and clocks. Used him a bit Not sure if he is still around, gemglow jewellers i think.

Lloyds watchmaker Katoomba been around a bit and not as pricey as city

timjohn likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 7, 2016

4. RegF Aug 10, 2016

Andrew Markerink out Camden way does a decent job

In the CBD, I've been well treated by the husband & wife team at Master Watchmaking 254 Castlereagh St down near Liverpool St and also V Sintic down the other way in Castlereagh St

I know of others but have not heard of their experience nor tried them myself.

I know this is an old thread, but was curious to see that there don't seem to be many on this topic that popped up here in a quick search

5. sydneywatchguy Aug 10, 2016

Schweizer, Hacko, Sintic will all do a good job. Decent alternative for Rolex is S&L Service Centre in Parramatta

6. WurstEver Sep 6, 2016

Charge the paddles and clear the table because this old thread is being revived again... ;)

Thanks for the info above. Is there anyone in Melbourne you've had a positive experience with? I've seen http://www.precisiontiming.com.au/ recommended in another thread. But apart from that I don't see a lot of intel on Melbourne repairers on the forum.