Just joined the 69 Speedy Club - Question about DON Bezel and Dial Condition

Hi,
I've been lurking here for a year and finally bought my first Speedmaster. A 145 022-69 with pre-moon case back. The watch is a head only with an Omega Extract.

I'm thrilled with it as it looks brand new. I've been told by the dealer (Omega Boutique Dealer) that it is all original. I'm just stunned that it's in as good of condition as my novice eyes see it to be.

I spent hours on the Speedmaster 101 website checking the boxes for what to look for in case, dial, back, and bezel. It matches up with its serial number.

My question, I guess, is; Is it possible that this is the original bezel and dial? I never expected to find one in as good of condition as it is and I was so taken with it that I just pulled the trigger. Perhaps the forums experience could give me their opinion on the dial and bezel originality! There doesn't appear to be even a scratch on it.

Either way, it's a brilliantly beautiful watch and I'm thrilled to have it.

DSC00194.JPG DSC00202.JPG DSC00203.JPG DSC00204.JPG DSC00205.JPG DSC00195.JPG DSC00207.JPG

Note: Added Daylight Pictures about 11 posts down
Edited:

Hi,
I've been lurking here for a year and finally bought my first Speedmaster. A 145 022-69 with pre-moon case back. The watch is a head only with an Omega Extract.

I'm thrilled with it as it looks brand new. I've been told by the dealer (Omega Boutique Dealer) that it is all original. I'm just stunned that it's in as good of condition as my novice eyes see it to be.

I spent hours on the Speedmaster 101 website checking the boxes for what to look for in case, dial, back, and bezel. It matches up with its serial number.

My question, I guess, is; Is it possible that this is the original bezel and dial? I never expected to find one in as good of condition as it is and I was so taken with it that I just pulled the trigger. Perhaps the forums experience could give me their opinion on the dial and bezel originality! There doesn't appear to be even a scratch on it.

Either way it's a brilliantly beautiful watch and I'm thrilled to have it.View attachment 1134924 View attachment 1134925 View attachment 1134926 View attachment 1134927 View attachment 1134928 View attachment 1134929

Congratulations on your first 145.022 69!

Cases looks sharp!

Everything looks orginal, case, dial, 24 teeth crown, and even the crystal have little omega mark on it.
Dot over 90 looks good too.
The only concern will be the lume on the dial.
From the picture it looks a bit tall, which I can not see clearly with your picture.

If the movement SN is within the range then you just got yourself a great deal!

Cheers

How can you judge this without knowing the price?

Congratulations on your first 145.022 69!

Cases looks sharp!

Everything looks orginal, case, dial, 24 teeth crown, and even the crystal have little omega mark on it.
Dot over 90 looks good too.
The only concern will be the lume on the dial.
From the picture it looks a bit tall, which I can not see clearly with your picture.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply Seacow!

The Movements SN is 30.58x.xxx. When you mention "bit tall" are you referring to length or height relative to the dial? Just not sure how to provide more details...

Could you please take high resolution pictures of the watch in the direct sun light ?

How can you judge this without knowing the price?
Because buddy said he spent hours on the Speedmaster 101. If he follow the price chart he did alright IMO.

I vote original bezel; dial+hands don't strike me, from these pics, as being egregiously bad, but a daylight shot, or just a few more shots under direct and clearer lighting, would resolve questions.

Thanks for the reply Seacow!

The Movements SN is 30.58x.xxx. When you mention "bit tall" are you referring to length or height relative to the dial? Just not sure how to provide more details...

I mean the height, the movement number is good too. Your watch is probably made in 1970.

I mean the height, the movement number is good too. Your watch is probably made in 1970.
August of 1970 according to the Extract!

I vote original bezel; dial+hands don't strike me, from these pics, as being egregiously bad, but a daylight shot, or just a few more shots under direct and clearer lighting, would resolve questions.

I'll try to get some daylight photos today. Thanks for the feedback.

No alarm bells ...

Because buddy said he spent hours on the Speedmaster 101. If he follow the price chart he did alright IMO.

The chart is only pertinent about collector to collector transactions. It is specifically said that « Dealers got to eat – with your money »....
I’d be surprised that OP got it for a price near to what you can find in this chart... Everything comes down to how eager the dealer was in this case 😀

Anyway, I like how this watch look based on these pics 😀

Could you please take high resolution pictures of the watch in the direct sun light ?

Thanks for your feedback. Here are some new pics taken in the sunlight. I'm not a photographer but hopefully you'll get a better view: DSC00194.JPG DSC00202.JPG DSC00203.JPG DSC00204.JPG DSC00205.JPG
Edited:

Ok thanks. To me, the only interesting picture above is the first one. We clearly see the texture and the volume of the lume.
Thanks to this picture, I, would say the lume on plots and hands is OK and even very nice !
The bezel, if original, is near perfect. The case looks also in really good shape.

My conclusion : congratulations, this will be your daily beater for a loooong time.

Cheers.

Dr R

Looks all original and in great condition. The case only appears to have had a very light polish.

Overall a nice attractive Speedmaster

Congrats.

In part a valuation always needs to include the price paid.... Without knowing that, still, congratulations on the piece itself. I am a little jealous... 🥰

Ok thanks. To me, the only interesting picture above is the first one. We clearly see the texture and the volume of the lume. My conclusion : congratulations, this will be your daily beater for a loooong time.

Cheers.

Dr R

Thanks Seaborg! I'll try to get my photography game up to snuff 😀 I appreciate your feedback. I've got a couple of straps on order... So excited. It's not a beater for me but will certainly get tons of wear!

In part a valuation always needs to include the price paid.... Without knowing that, still, congratulations on the piece itself. I am a little jealous... 🥰

I paid 8.2K which falls between the Good/Very Good pricing in the December www.speedmaster101.com price guide. If this price dialog isn't appropriate I'm happy to delete it. Part of the reason for the post was to get some affirmation(hopefully) from "experts" as to the watch being in original condition. Thanks so much for your feedback!

I paid 8.2K which falls between the Good/Very Good pricing in the December www.speedmaster101.com price guide. If this price dialog isn't appropriate I'm happy to delete it. Part of the reason for the post was to get some affirmation(hopefully) from "experts" as to the watch being in original condition. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Assume the price you mentioned is in USD and if so; I'd happily buy a watch like this for that price indeed. Well done!