Forums Latest Members

Just having a look at my Heirloom this morning

1. Kevzep Apr 5, 2019

My father was at the sharp end of the America's Cup race committee for many many years, retired now with boxes and boxes of watches!!
    Every year they got given a commemorative watch, most of them were Louis Vuitton, but in 2003 they were given a Omega Seamaster.
    I received some pictures this morning, I really like this watch!! I was only the other day looking at Seamasters to buy and this stye was the one I liked the most.
    It has Americas Cup Racing in the face there, you can't quite see it, its quite discrete.
    IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0772.JPG

2. CJpickup57 Apr 5, 2019

That’s a nice looking watch! Any obscure watches your dad received?

wagudc likes this.
  3. Kevzep Apr 5, 2019

The Louis Vuitton watches are interesting, they are an analogue chronograph as well, but they are bigger and much heavier than the Seamaster, if you look closely at this seamaster you can see 5 circles below the Omega emblem, this is part of a specific custom timing mechanism for the start sequence of Match races, so these watches are very much a custom issue.
    I'll take a pic of one of the LV watches next time I am there.
    I really like this seamaster though, I might have to call in my inheritance early!! He never wears the Omega, occasionally he'll wear one of the LV's but not very often..

4. 77deluxe Apr 5, 2019

Pics of the LV?

5. Kevzep Apr 5, 2019

I'll grab a few pics next time I visit. I tried to find some online but didn't have much luck, I think the ones the race committee were given were not the ones you could buy...

77deluxe likes this.
  6. CJpickup57 Apr 5, 2019

That’s really interesting and special IMO, if my opinion even mattered ha ha. Would be really neat to see what other pieces he has accumulated over his racing career the next time you are able to visit him and snap a few photos for us :thumbsup:. Thanks for sharing.

Kevzep likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2019

Omega has a history with the AC and now with the ETNZ team. Great pieces with subtle branding and relatively unknown.

Killer piece.

8. Kevzep Apr 6, 2019

Yeah sure is a killer piece, I really like it.
    Omega really know how to balance something like that which could easily look cluttered.

9. starcraft Apr 9, 2019

very cool! did the LV look like this one?

[​IMG]

10. Adb_85 Apr 9, 2019

Cool piece and cool story. With the amount of watch brand affiliations with sports teams, events and athletes I wonder how many watches get given out that never then really see the light of day. Good luck talking your Dad in to letting you have the watch early!

11. Kevzep Apr 9, 2019

I don't think so, I'll have a look next time I visit. They have the regatta timing feature on them........this one does not, also has stainless steel bracelet as well.....I'll take pics...

12. Kevzep Apr 9, 2019

Ha!! Not sure I will get it early though!! Although a good way to get through to him is through my Mother!!