Forums Latest Members

Just got watch from eBay AD . Very disappointed !

1. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

Hi guys I just received my new Omega Aqua Terra GMT. I bought the watch from authorized dealer on ebay.(I did verify and yes they are authorized dealer)
    The dealer stated that the watch is brand New and was selling them as Brand new with all the paperwork and 3 years omega factory warranty. However the condition I received the watch in looks more like pre-owned. I mean check for your self. I paid $5500 for this watch and if I can't get the watch in perfect condition from Dealer where the hell can I get those ???
    I spoke to the today and they said they stand behind their watch lol. Really? They said the watch is new and was only handled in the store ??Really? I don't know but if they handle new watch like that how can they be still in business ?
    You guys tell me what do you think. Is it normal ? I'm I just overreacting here ? or should my 5.5k watch be in worst condition than Casio from Costco ?
    Not to mentioned I have asked them to adjust my bracelet to my wrist ( 7" 1/2) and I can't even close it lol it fits my girlfriends wrist (5" 1/2) just file lol
    Thanks for your help and input guys.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 25, 2015

Nothing normal about that. It's a disaster. Must go back.

3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 25, 2015

Not only does it look used, it looks like it was used by someone who feeds alligators for a living.

Eric_navi, nicolas07, blubarb and 2 others like this.
  4. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

That's what I told them lol.Coming from the Authorized dealer very disappointing.

5. Drawarms Jul 25, 2015

paypal will protect you, get a refund mate!

Rglaz likes this.
  6. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

I think it take some balls to try pull something like this off nowadays. Review like that on yelp or eBay and they can start closing business .

7. Traveler Jul 25, 2015

Assuming you used PayPal it shouldn't be an issue to get a refund - it's blatantly not new... But to answer your question - go to a brick and mortar store to get one - at least you can see what you are getting...

8. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

They said to send it back , they also said that they have master watchmaker and they can fix it or refund my money. I'm kind of skeptical now. If they had no shame to send watch like that. I don't think I should deal with them anymore , just because who knows what else are they playing.

blubarb, chickenman26 and KIMBER like this.
  9. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

I understand but in brick store near me they are asking $9200 lol

10. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

I did pay with pay pal

11. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 25, 2015

If the seller is really an Authorized Dealer, Omega would be appalled to know that a supposedly new watch was delivered to a customer in that condition.

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 25, 2015

Oh no! someone lied on eBay! That can't be right...........:coffee:

ulackfocus and WatchVaultNYC like this.
  13. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

I will gladly let them know. Any suggestion on how ?

14. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

Well someone Omega dealer did lie. That is not exactly the same thing.

15. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 25, 2015

Just go here and explain what happened, and of course you will mention the name of the seller in ALL CAPS. Be sure to leave some contact info. such as e-mail address or phone number.

https://ccm.omegawatches.com/en/

16. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

Will do so
    Will do so

17. Geo! Jul 25, 2015

Absolutely shocking get your money back. God only knows what other damage they would cause if you were to let them attempt to rectify the problem that shouldn't have been there I the first place.

18. Canuck Jul 25, 2015

An authorized dealer sells a new Omega for about $ 4,000 less than the MSRP, and you didn't wonder how they could do that? That is a used (abused) watch! I don't know what Omega's policy is regarding dealers who slash prices like that, but if they are in fact an authorized dealer, I wonder how long they will have a franchise! If at all possible, return it and get your money back! I understand dealers are somewhat open to negotiating prices on NEW goods. If you have to pay a bit more than you paid for a used watch, for a new one, you won't be sorry!

Chances are that watch was a lemon for the first owner, and they refunded his money, or exchanged watches for him. That is another reason you don't want to be buying someone else's problem!

19. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 25, 2015

Absolutely I wasn't buying used watch I was under the impression I'm buying NEW

20. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 25, 2015

And this is why omega is seeking to cut their AD network and rely on boutiques. Then we whinge about that also.....

blubarb and Nobel Prize like this.