Forums Latest Members

just bought my 1st vintage watch omega seamaster 1969 and i have a lot of question

1. popojeb Aug 7, 2014

20140807_163553.jpg 20140807_163633.jpg I just bought an omega seamaster calibre 750, 17 jewel rotor and i have a couple of questions about it.

How do i adjust the day and date? I figured out to adjust the date is by pumping the crown, was i right? But how do i set the day?

To adjust time i just have to pull the crown and i do not have to unscrew it. Would it be still waterproof even it is not a screw type crown? Is there such option for 1969 seamaster that does not have a screw type crown?

There is 3 position for the crown. 1st is when the screw is pushed to the watch when i turn it clockwise it winds manually, 2nd position is adjusting time and 3rd doesnt do anything. Pump it it will adjust date but not day.

when i bought it the seller said restoration was done by tim mackrain. is he known for his works?

thank you very much[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Aug 7, 2014

The day only changes by rotating the crown so the hands go forward 24 hours (as if a day has past).

NEVER assume any vintage watch has any water resistance.

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 7, 2014

FYI the watch has a restored dial and not well done - wrong surface dial finish. Tim is known for touching up watches a bit too much and charging dealer prices for them. In a straight auction due to its condition the watch will fetch a considerably lower price than indicated in the accompanying paperwork.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 7, 2014

Just saw the paper in the background, so he appraises his own watches before selling them with that paperwork?

5. Buck2466 Aug 7, 2014

I love how the paperwork says Dial: Original Dial Restored excellent condition. Original and restored in the same sentence....Jeeez!

lawry078 likes this.
  6. John R Smith Aug 8, 2014

Well, I suppose the metal underneath the paint is original :( My opinion of Tim has gone downhill recently, what with all the replacement hands and dodgy redials.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 8, 2014

He brings watches back from the edge of the grave, while they may not suit collectors I think they are a good fix for the people who just want a vintage Omega.

I don't know what the OP paid for that one, but it's not worth the appraisal price.