Forums Latest Members
  1. ErikR Jul 31, 2014

I recently purchased my Omega Deville Chrono on Ebay. Ive done a fair amount of research on this watch, but there isnt alot of info spread around. The cal.930 is a semi-rare movement produced in a short timespan and in total of 10.000 pieces. The caliber is also used in the bullhead which, is rarer, and more sought after. The caliber is based on the cal.861 but with minor tweeks to accomodate the date at 9 and the registers.

being a watch from '70, its smaller than im used to but the 35-36mm sits just fine on the wrist (18,5cm).
    I cant really tell if the dial is redone, there are some small marks on it, and the hands look pretty dark-ish. Lume is not reapplied. Glass still has a visible omega logo, but it does seem like its been polished. The logo seems somewhat weak.

The watch was cleaned and oiled, said the ebay-seller. It runs pretty decent so i believe him.

Whats your take on this watch?
    Anything to be worried about?
    thoughts?

Personally i love this model, its hard to come across, but i would like to settle down with a REALLY nice example. A part of me wants to ship it to Bienne Omega to do a full restoration. Its costy, but again, this piece is rare and having a 100% piece will absolutely become a keeper.

Enough talk. Pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First pic is with chrono running, 2nd without. Decent amp, decent rate, but somewhat trashu BE...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for bad iphone pics. And for being a lousy photographer:-(

Varasc and NT931 like this.
  2. cunninghamster Jul 31, 2014

Wow, beautiful piece!!! I'm jealous!

3. repoman Jul 31, 2014

Looks great on your wrist. Congrats!

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 1, 2014

original dial. all good. I would wait for a steel version and keep that. very nice watch, BTW. kind regards. achim

5. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 1, 2014

looks fine. nice watch!:thumbsup:

6. simon Aug 2, 2014

Just leave it as original as it is. DON;T send it to Bienne

Hotwheelbill likes this.
  7. laikrodukas Aug 2, 2014

I like date postition on the dial :)
    And what do You mean by "full restoration" when the watch is perfect? :)

8. woodwkr2 Aug 2, 2014

I second this! Leave it alone. Don't polish the case. Standard C/O/A on the movement