Forums Latest Members
  1. maine-iac1 Oct 23, 2018

... but it's my Planet Ocean, and here's the obligatory wrist shot. It's the 39.5mm. My watch shop removed three links and it's a bit snug. Is there a half-link hidden somewhere in the box? If not, then I may have to add another link, and have the watch slide a bit on the wrist. I'm loving the watch, even if my hand is turning blue at the moment :)

Go Red Sox!

That is all.

1-IMG_6007.JPG
    The Father, Jwit, rkim11 and 13 others like this.
  2. Blaise Oct 23, 2018

Congrats on the watch. Have you tried the micro adjustment in the clasp? Can win a centimetre or so with it. Wear the PO in great health!

Edited Oct 24, 2018
    Caliber561, maine-iac1 and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Stufflers Mom Oct 23, 2018

Ditto.

maine-iac1 and Foo2rama like this.
  4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Oct 23, 2018

Go Red Sox!!:thumbsup:

maine-iac1 likes this.
  5. maine-iac1 Oct 23, 2018

Bingo! That did the trick. Many thanks for the tip. Hand is no longer blue :)

Jwit, Blaise, Mmike1357 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bushido Oct 23, 2018

This is not "just" another PO. This is YOUR mother::censored:: PO!

Congrats on picking up an excellent watch!

maine-iac1 likes this.
  7. texasmade Oct 23, 2018

Great looking watch. The 39.5 are actually pretty difficult to source at an AD. I’ve only seen the 43.5 at AD’s while OB’s carry both.

maine-iac1 likes this.
  8. Blaise Oct 24, 2018

nice! happy I could help :)

maine-iac1 likes this.
  9. flw history nerd Oct 24, 2018

Perfect watch, perfect size. Nice!

maine-iac1 likes this.
  10. maine-iac1 Oct 25, 2018

Thanks, and one more question,, I'm only able to get a distance of a half-link on the micro adjustment. It was enough for a nice fit. But I'm unable to get anything close to a centimeter. Am I missing something?

11. Modernism Oct 26, 2018

Really suits you. I couldn't make my mind up on that one. I own the first and second PO. When I tried that on it looked too similar to the Mk2 when I put them side by side. Jury still out, but does look great. Although I'd like to try the 39 to see what it's like, as they only seem to have the bigger one.

In answer to your question, the smaller 39 only has 3 positions on the adjustable clasp, and I believe the larger one has 6, so there is not as much movement on yours. But should be enough if the bracelet was done correctly. If you need more movement take it back to the guy who strangled your wrist and get another link put in.

maine-iac1 likes this.
  12. maine-iac1 Oct 26, 2018

Aha! That explains why mine is different from some of the videos I've seen online. Many thanks for the answer.

Modernism likes this.
  13. Modernism Oct 26, 2018

No prob. In addition to that, the larger one also has the divers extension, but I'd be amazed if even 2% who buy them, ever use the extension. Enjoy your watch

14. SteveZ28 Oct 26, 2018

I recently bought the 42mm from another member on here. Absolutely love it. Enjoy!

15. Stefanus Oct 29, 2018

I bought the 43.5 two months ago. Superb watch.

16. maine-iac1 Nov 2, 2018

So wow. I noticed this on the bracelet today after less than two weeks. I guess the clasp is rubbing against the desk while I'm typing away at work. It's not the end of the world. It's not a museum piece. That said, I'd like to keep it looking good. Anyone else have this issue? How to avoid this? Just take off the watch? 1-IMG_9439.jpg

17. richter Official ΩF thread drift measurer. Nov 2, 2018

I'm always concerned about my clasp rubbing against my desk so I never rest my arms on the desk when I'm typing... or if I do, I make sure my wrists are elevated. Harder to do when your desk isn't at the right height for you ergonomically-speaking.

superfly likes this.
  18. Stefanus Nov 2, 2018

I believe you can buy a new replacement clasp from Omega for about $100. I was told this by an AD.

superfly and SpeedyD like this.
  19. SpeedyD Nov 2, 2018

Similar (to less extent as I rotate) has happened to mine. Must have been over the summer when it was warm enough for short sleves. Wear rate seems to have reduced since it got cooler and long sleves are ‘back in’. I figure it is a tool watch so par for the course. I tended to wear a different watch with short sleves if going to be at a desk for extended periods. Maybe a piece of clear film cut to size is the answer? I’d be weary of altering posture to avoid as that could lead to far worse problems than a slightly scratched clasp which can be replaced. Good luck.

superfly likes this.
  20. SpeedyD Nov 2, 2018

To add - cuff links are also something to watch out for if you ever wear such shirts. I use the ‘soft’ variety if I’m wearing a bracelet watch. Leather straps with clasp seem to fair better with metal CLs.

superfly likes this.