Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 2, 2011

1967 Credenda 25 Jewel automatic, +4s/day last serviced in 1980, last regulated in the 1990s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now you might be wondering why? Why when you have a SS Pie-Pan Constellation, a Rolex Submariner 1680, and a Seamaster Pro Chrono Diver on hand, are you wearing a 1967 Credenda (the charming roulette style date wheel not withstanding).

Quite simply, I have eaten way too much crap the last month, from chips & gravy, to chocolate, to cookies & cream ice cream, to cheese pizza with cheesy crust. As a result of all that, my Rolex no longer fits, neither does my Seamaster, nor the Pie-Pan, and I refuse to add more links.

So I'm down to the Credenda, the only watch on hand that has a spring loaded expanding bracelet, as you can see in the third picture, and thus the only watch that currently fits on my wrist.

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 2, 2011

Interesting. How many atmospheres of gravy is she rated to? ;)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 2, 2011

Yea yea... its not my fault...

The three best places to get chips and gravy in Queensland:

#1 Shuck on the Gold Coast, they can do this gravy with a red wine base that is absolutely incredible, one drop is rich enough to cover a whole chip.
    #2 The corner fish and chips shop on Bennett's road, they have the best value fish and chips (and gravy) in Brisbane. The young asian guy that cooks is really friendly and never fails to impress. $6 buys enough chips for 6 people.
    #3 The Nibbles Cafe Toowoomba, $5 buys enough chips and gravy for 10 people, thick as axle grease.

This is why I need to work out so much...

4. Steve Aug 2, 2011

Shuck on the gold coast sounds like the place to be, Do you have a spring loaded expanding waist band on your trousers too ?? :)

Looks like a lovely old watch though Ashley.

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 2, 2011

I can confirm Shuck has some pretty outstanding food. Great place.