Jumbo 30T2 Dial damage.....

what shall i call this? Marble Dial? Finished Dial? quite reluctant to refinish it; anybody a spare lying around? kind regards. A SAM_7319.JPG chim

I like marble. I think these often wear in an unpleasing way; this one is kind of cool.

If it was mine. It would have been taken apart 1 minute after opening the package and dial shipped to the refinisher

A beautiful satin silver old would make the blue sweep hand pop off the background

But that's just me

DON

If it was mine. It would have been taken apart 1 minute after opening the package and dial shipped to the refinisher

I'm starting to feel queasy 😁

It’s either two sheep kissing or a cat scowling (threateningly).

Have I passed the Rorschach test?

It’s either two sheep kissing or a cat scowling (threateningly).

Have I passed the Rorschach test?

Yes but unfortunately you're psychotic 😁

I would call it a bespoke patina finish painstakingly developed by years of careful, controlled exposure to llama saliva, and market it to hipsters in Brooklyn for $10k USD.

The dial is a matter of taste, some will love it others not so much. The numbers and seconds track are in good condition and the discoloration is fairly even, so I would leave it as is.

Surely that’s nothing a litre of rubbing alcohol and a few hours of elbow grease can’t sort out. If you don’t have the time then fine sandpaper?

I like it, that been said I might have one redone. To me for a refinish, has to be perfect then you do some polishing to the case add a cool strap and enjoy it.