Forums Latest Members
  1. jhopkins242 Sep 19, 2016

I am new to the vintage watch collecting world and am looking to purchase an Omega. I have been looking at this one and am wondering if it is genuine and would love any feedback you could provide. The seller claims it is original and when I checked the numbers they seem to align, but again I'm new to this so may be missing something.

78790B.jpg 78790C.jpg 78790D.jpg 78790E.jpg

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 19, 2016

I'm pretty new at this myself, but a few things jump out at me. The watch is gold plated vs gold capped, which generally isn't very popular with many here. Also looks like the plating may be damaged on some of the lugs. And it looks like the rotor has been rubbing on the caseback, so good chance a full service will be needed that may include some parts replacement.

Dial-wise the T SWISS MADE T spacing looks a little off to me, but I would need to google some photos for comparison since I am not well versed in these. I suspect the crown may not be correct either, but there is no photo from the side.

All-in-all, I think it is attractive but not highly collectible, and may require some $ to service. For a low price it could be a nice watch to own for the looks.

arcadelt likes this.