Forums Latest Members
  1. AJwala Mar 22, 2019

I have never purchased anything through jomashp but their prices are something I regularly check. But somehow they just seem unreal as they provide heavy discount.

What are your feedback on jomashop. Do they deliver at the prices mentioned. Are the watches fresh pieces with international warranty. And most importantly how do they manage to give such heavy discounts.

Also they seem to show the delivery time as few weeks, why is that?

2. CJpickup57 Mar 22, 2019

No Omega warranty. They give their own 5-yr in house warranty.

They are what is called a "grey market dealer". Authentic products, but no Omega factory warranty card.

Depending on the source location of the watch they may have to order it in and it is easier to say it can take longer than it possibly will and have a happier customer than an upset one about an incorrect estimated delivery day.

kingfuse and AJwala like this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 22, 2019

Lots of previous threads pro and con regarding Jomashop here on the forum. Just do a search using the little magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

Perseus, Dan S, 89-0 and 2 others like this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 22, 2019

5. alam Mar 22, 2019

6. BradleyJ. Mar 22, 2019

Good experiences for me, but like was mentioned, do a search cause this topic comes up very often and there's plenty of info for you to make an educated decision.

If you want a quick answer (obviously this is my opinion) If the price is right and its enough of a savings to outweigh no warranty, then I'd buy from them again. Also I would consider their warranty as being no warranty at all. I've heard horror stories of people dealing with them after a sale and most weren't to thrilled with the customer service.

7. AJwala Mar 22, 2019

Thanks alot. I should have done the search first before posting a new thread.

89-0 likes this.
  8. AJwala Mar 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, it's very helpful

9. gbesq Mar 23, 2019

I’ve purchased three watches from them including two Omegas. All three watches arrived promptly, well packaged, and were brand new with tags and everything else that one would receive at an AD except the manufacturer’s warranty. Average savings over retail from 30%-50%. All three watches have performed flawlessly. I would recommend them.

yvrclimber and AJwala like this.
  10. AJwala Mar 23, 2019

Wow. Have to browse through the website for an awesome deal then! :)

11. KingCrouchy Mar 23, 2019

I can recommend them for watches under 1K.
    Bought some Hamiltons and Seikos there.
    Watches came well packed and working perfectly.
    Drawbacks are, that their in-house warranty is a risk and there have been bad stories about it.
    If you want to buy an Omega, maybe go for Grey Market dealers on this forum.
    For cheaper watches it's really worth it.

12. AJwala Mar 23, 2019

All right, got it. True expensive watches require more trust and service .Didnt know there were grey market dealers on this form. Thanks again

13. simbal Mar 23, 2019

Returns or warranty work is very difficult with them, I experienced once, never will do it again. If you just purchase and not worried about any after sales requests, then they are okay.

14. Jonathan40 Mar 23, 2019

I recently tested the waters with Jomashop with a cheap Tissot. I wanted to see how good the HAQ offering was as I was looking for a grab and go work watch. Jomashop was ridiculously cheap, but everything arrived very quickly and correct. Watch is perfect. Strange thing is I live in UK so was expecting import duty to be due on the purchase price but watch shipped direct from CH so $189 was the price I paid.
    Very happy so far.

15. Evitzee Mar 23, 2019

When you buy at deep discount like Jomashop ignore their warranty and take care of any problems yourself. Factor that into the price you pay.

16. AJwala Mar 23, 2019

ah ok. so if you have a good servicing guy in your hand then Jomashop could be a good option to save money!

17. Waxtactic Mar 23, 2019

I’ve had a good and a “meh” experience. My wife, not knowing any better, grabbed my anniversary watch from them and it came on time and has operated perfectly. I then ordered another watch at a great discount but it took 2 months to fulfill.

My advice: Only grab budget friendly watches from them and call to ensure they have them in stock. If you want a Speedy or something expensive, leverage their price to help get an AD to drop theirs.

AJwala likes this.
  18. WatchShopping Mar 24, 2019

There are lots of other options *cough* than going to JomaShop. They do not offer manufacturer's warranty, just in house warranty. If that's something that is important to you, there are other alternatives that are roughly the same price and would be able to provide you that. You would just have to search around...

AJwala likes this.
  19. AJwala Mar 24, 2019

I am an AD for Frederique Constant and Sevenfriday in Nepal. Yes, Jomashop is a big bummer for us. Customers do come to me after checking prices in JOMASHOP and try to negotiate with me. :p
    I hope to do the same with someone someday :p

Waxtactic likes this.
  20. redzer007 Mar 24, 2019

I'm curious, what percentage of new watches have something fail within the warranty period? I generally buy vintage and generally factor in a service within 18 months, irrespective of what I'm being told at time of purchase.

I have recently started to buy new (from AD), but I would be pretty upset if something failed within the warranty period tbh.

I understand piece of mind regarding purchase, but I'm not sure I'd put a 50% to 100% premium on manufacturers warranty.

In people's experience what percentage of your new AD purchased watches require return and repair within the warranty period? Are any brands more like to fail than others?