Forums Latest Members

Jomashop ck2998 devalue attempt??

1. brny11 Jul 24, 2016

Jomashop "preorder" for ck2998 listed at 20% off? I am sure they don't have any in stock and will probably not get any... But is this something they commonly do? I was hoping to get mine at retail as I assume it will be marked up 2nd hand after they all sell out and I'd rather not pay that premium if I don't have to. Hopefully, the watch has not already depreciated value 20% in the eyes of the market.

Thoughts?

http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-311-33-40-30-02-001.html?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleproductsearch&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=(ROI) Shopping - Non-Sale Watches $3000 - 6000&gclid=Cj0KEQjwztG8BRCJgseTvZLctr8BEiQAA_kBD6hPgzCq0Zitn37S-jTJB4xLJcokoVMyyBP8X6s5DrMaAhxc8P8HAQ

2. arno Jul 24, 2016

I think it's just a grey market retailer displaying a product he doesn't have on stock (and maybe will never have) at grey market price to tease people...

3. JesterP Jul 24, 2016

I doubt that this watch has already gone down in value at all .I noticed you can buy it now as in pay now for $5200. Im betting this has been done accidentally on purpose to take your money now and let you down later. Wafty crankers hehe

4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 24, 2016

Wafty crankers! I have no idea what that means, but I love it. Would one be out of line using this term about a spouse? :)

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 24, 2016

Jomashop has been around for a very long time, i would not be so sure they don't and will never have it.

gttime likes this.
  6. alam Jul 24, 2016

I'm not going to touch that one! :p

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2016

They don't really have any reason to "devalue" a watch, more likely they just batch import a list of Omega SKUs and apply their normal discount rate to all of them rather than going watch by watch.

8. WatchVaultNYC Jul 24, 2016

Why would a business that sells watches try to devalue the watches they sell?

Ronin78 and TMas like this.
  9. EtherMan Jul 24, 2016

I see one for sale for $11,800, so I don't think you'll be getting one for 20% off any time soon.

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 24, 2016

They don't. They male the same margin on the watch, it's their standard MO. As @dsio says they probably haven't really looked into individual pieces and they're just batch discounting.

If I wanted the watch I would actually buy it from them now. Worst case you get your money back. Best case.....you get the watch at that price.

Atleo, gttime, CTS-V and 1 other person like this.
  11. ck1109 Jul 24, 2016

It seems like grey market dealers are already selling these. Davidsw has one for sale for ~$12k right now.

It's funny, I heard a lot from Omega boutique about how this is an application piece and will only be offered to the "top collectors" but that doesn't seem to stop resellers from getting them.

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 24, 2016

They're not even re-sellers. They get them brand new straight from the boutique .

13. EtherMan Jul 24, 2016

Top collectors didn't get to be top collectors by passing on easy money making opportunities.

OMGRLX, Lonestar, al128 and 1 other person like this.
  14. ulackfocus Jul 24, 2016

"Pre-order" it, eh? In other words, give them your money on an interest free loan on a watch they may or may not get, yet you'll be dumb enough to let them string you along for months or more about getting. In addition, you'll pay interest if you put it on your credit card.

Smart move on the business' part. Unfortunately, I've seen this move pulled in the wine industry (called "futures") and several of those companies declare bankruptcy and screw over their futures customers. Look up Premier Cru and Carolina Wine to see what I mean.

Atleo, OMGRLX, Ravineman and 2 others like this.
  15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 24, 2016

For sure, but it's not like that money is going to yield much interest anywhere, credit card use aside. And I'm,not raking about months.

I did the exact thing to get a watch that was just coming out. I had it within 5 weeks.

Can't say if that would be the case here or not. You can always call them and ask.

No one "strung me" for months. They where clear in the wait from the start. It did over extend by a couple of weeks though

16. bri Jul 24, 2016

It is just a preauthorization on your card so there is no 0% loan. The discount is different on each Omega watch so there is no standard discount across the board, this has to be a conscious entry into their inventory but baffles me how they plan on getting it.

17. brny11 Jul 24, 2016

Agreed. I can see how they may get a few. But not at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. CTS-V Jul 24, 2016

You gotta pay to play......

Go for it.....I love seeing a "Cinderella Moment".....

Good luck w/your purchase....Jomashop has never let me down....yet. As soon as I get back to the States....I'm about to buy my TinTin from them.

Wish me luck too! :)

OMGRLX likes this.
  19. manivxr Jul 27, 2016

I dont get it. There are a few posts from our USA buddies saying that OBs take down deposits and omega is deciding who they accept on the waiting list. Yet here we have a company which is selling at a discount and nobody is jumping to get the watch at such a good price.
    Whats going on?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

20. brny11 Jul 27, 2016

Exactly why I started the thread. I guess I gave a bad title - but I was curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk