Forums Latest Members
  1. epcwks Jun 24, 2017

Hey OF.
    What do you think about Jomashop?
    I don't think they include an international warranty with their stock.
    What do you think of buying grey market new rather than pre-owned for a modern watch?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 24, 2017

Try a forum search. Been asked many a time ;)

isaac.owen.nz, BenBagbag and kov like this.
  3. Jrcigar Jun 25, 2017

No.

4. w.finkenstaedt Jun 25, 2017

I've personally seen: 1) AR removed from Black Black DSOTM crystal, 2) no serial number on a gen 3 PO, 3) bracelet with chewed up screws on a SMPc.

And that's only in a couple of years. Add to that no manufacturers warranty on a multi-thousand dollar watch? No thanks.

jflores likes this.
  5. rhj Jun 25, 2017

Waiting still for an order to be executed since May 4th, no explanation from customer service...

6. BLAUGRANA Jun 25, 2017

Based on what I've seen and heard:

-Only order if it's in stock or you may be waiting a long time.
    -Warranty will be through them and not through manufacturer. So I would say consider that. If you're saving enough or even more such that it would cover anything happening in a warranty period would be covered then might be a smart way to go. Catch is you don't get "papers" if you ever sell.
    -Some excellent prices that often are tough to beat including the occasional extra discount on a particular model. IE Black Bay Dark on a bracelet right now is already 20% off but extra discount takes it to 30% off msrp which is a price I've not seen before.
    -When I called and when a friend called the phone experience was a bit rough.

7. Bushido Jun 25, 2017

1) Customer service sucks
    2) No Manufacturer's warranty
    3) Prices are easily met or beat by trustworthy sellers on the forums with OEM warranty
    4) Their "in house" warranty repair work is a joke

My opinion is based upon personal experience. While someone else may be perfectly okay with the experience they had with this company, I will never consider them again nor recommend to another.

IDXM and Atleo like this.
  8. pianomankd Jun 25, 2017

The people I've worked with from Joma have all had attitudes. I'm a Watchmaxx guy if I need to buy grey. I've had nothing but good experience with WatchMaxx.

Atleo likes this.
  9. danicycle Jun 25, 2017

you may get a lower price, but if you put in the effort to search, you can find one pre-owned or new at a similar price with manufacturer warranty

10. ac106 Jun 25, 2017

I was going to type out this long answer but my phone is acting up. Short version: buy from @Kringkily. competitive prices with a full warranty. If you need more savings buy used

jflores, NT931 and corn18 like this.
  11. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jun 25, 2017

I may have been lucky, but as I've said in another thread:-

"I spent a fair while on the WWW tracking the price and availability of the Airman 18 purist and waiting for funds to become available. A happy coincidence meant that both the Glycine model I wanted and funds became available and so after a bit of communication, I pulled the trigger and ordered it from Jomashop for delivery to Scotland. Others may have had different experiences with this vendor, but I found it a completely hassle-free transaction. They even emailed me the transcript of the livechat I had with one of their staff. The watch duly arrived and even after paying UK import duties, I reckon I paid about £350 less than the best price available from a European seller :)"

I have no real issues with the warranty situation, and my purchase was not in the $$$ bracket, so YMMV applies ;)

12. corn18 Jun 25, 2017

No need to buy from Jomashop when there are so many trusted sellers here and on TRF. Same price Joma offers but with a full manufacturer's warranty.

oneover and IDXM like this.
  13. Atleo Jun 25, 2017

This. Dealt with both. Watchmaxx was night and day different for the better.

14. SteveHH Jun 25, 2017

I bought three Speedy Pros over the past two years from Watchmaxx and never had a problem. Nice people.

15. IDXM Jun 25, 2017

I suggest seeing if someone in the forum is selling something you like. It really worked for me.

16. Cauhauna Jun 26, 2017

I bought my Seamaster from Joma. No issues. I tried to get some local AD's to play ball, but no one would come within $1000 of Joma's price.

17. sgrossma Jun 26, 2017

My friend has purchased many sub $3000 watches on Jomashop and to my knowledge has never had a problem. The outstanding prices usually make up for the lack of warranty card, etc... I have not really had any particular trouble reselling Joma and watchmaxx pieces, if priced accordingly.

18. rhj Jul 3, 2017

today i re-checked the order and it results CANCELED, but I didn't receive any mail from them. also the paypal-read-note of the amount disappeared. really incredible - but finally I'm happy to be freed of them. I will never go back to them.

19. rhj Jul 3, 2017

yes, I would really love that ... but being in Europe you have always probölems with customs and taxes, that behaves randomly. Can you recommend european trusted sellers?

thank you

20. jsalasrush Jul 3, 2017

I wouldn't buy anything more than 1k from them. Return policy is iffy