Forums Latest Members

Joining the party with the first watch in 15 years

1. sensui Oct 14, 2015

After 15-16 years of service with my Omega Seamaster Pro titanium blue wave dial. I decided to jump back in and pick up some pieces that just screamed my name @ the local boutiques. The first one that I moved on is the Grey Side of the Moon that I'm sharing quick pictures of. What a stunning watch and I just can't stop looking at it....kind of puts a dent in my watch plans as it gets me thinking do I need to pick up the rest on the list hah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was not an easy decision between the dark side and grey side....but I think I made the correct one for myself. Thanks for having me gents, looking forward to learning more about Omega time pieces now that I'm aboard. Keep up the great discussions.

jsaen, Tritium, TheKomoman and 6 others like this.
  2. repoman Oct 14, 2015

Congratulations. This piece sung to me as well, moreso than the dark side, and after owning it for 10 months now, I love it more today than the day I bought it. Enjoy and wear in good health :thumbsup:

sensui likes this.
  3. chunkythebulldog Oct 14, 2015

Great choice, I'll drink to that.

image.png

happytapy and sensui like this.
  4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 14, 2015

Congrats on a very cool watch. Not suggesting you hijack your own thread, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing the old titanium wave dial...:)

sensui likes this.
  5. ducatiti Oct 14, 2015

Nice looking watch. Pardon my lack of knowledge, is 9300 an in house movement? After seeing some pics, I'm considering one as well ;)

sensui likes this.
  6. repoman Oct 14, 2015

7. yinzerniner Oct 14, 2015

9300 is the in house column wheel chrono. An amazing movement like their other fully coax and master coax models.

sensui likes this.
  8. Rockmastermike Oct 14, 2015

You have chosen....wisely.

I don't own either version but I've tried both on at the OB and the grey was the winner in my humble opinion.

Nothing against the DSOM, mind you, probably that I have too many black dials and the grey separates itself

sensui likes this.
  9. ducatiti Oct 14, 2015

Should we expect the Master line carry over to this movement too anytime soon? Thanks for the info ^^^

10. sensui Oct 14, 2015

Off topic a tad but hey it's worth it! The old faithful!

[​IMG]

Once again, thanks for the kind words. The DSOTM is spectacular in its own right. But some factors ruled it out for me like buying multiple omegas with black faces and the fact that it might either be too stealthy or too cool for my own good. Bottom line, I am loving the Grey.

Time Exposure likes this.
  11. shutterlife Oct 14, 2015

Congrats. It's a great watch. I don't even know why you're looking to get others. You won't take this one off.

Also don't forget about the lume.

image.jpeg
    sensui likes this.
  12. maxtor71 Oct 15, 2015

If they don't want to piss off a load of people who bought the creamic Speedies, they'll wait a good long time before the Master Co-axial comes to these watches...

Max

13. maxtor71 Oct 15, 2015

[​IMG]

Forgot to mention, I've had the DSOtM for nearly 2 years now, and it honestly feels like the only ceramic Speedy I need. I've been agonizing over the GSOtM for months but can never get myself to pull the trigger.

Random picture of my DSOtM meeting the now US $1-million Toyota 2000GT.

Max

abrod520 and sensui like this.
  14. sensui Oct 15, 2015

I wouldn't agonize too much. It was a very tough choice between the dark side and the grey side for me....tormented me night and day for weeks. Until I decided to step up and go with the initial gut feeling. This is after seeing both in the boutique also....which made it all that much more difficult. I really don't think you can go wrong with either. Bottom line, the strongest argument for me was that the other Omegas I'm picking up all have black bezel faces....so I wanted the Grey to change it up....oh right.....and the fact that it's freaking AWESOME. Hah.