Forums Latest Members

JohnSteed - Great Seller and Great Guy

1. Selbo Sep 25, 2014

I have been in the market for an applied logo 321 Speedmaster for a few months now. Had a few near misses and some deals that fell through (you know how this goes) but I came across a great example posted by JohnSteed last week. It was exactly what I wanted so I jumped on the PM. Interest in the watch was high but JohnSteed honored my PM and took a chance on me despite my relatively new status on the site. He could have easily saved himself some doubt and worked with a more established member but Steed is a man of his word and took a chance. I can not thank him enough for placing trust in me. The deal went through, payment was made, and I received an absolutely beautiful 145.012 Speedy yesterday afternoon. I'm thrilled with the watch and my buying experience with Steed. Probably old news to most of you, but Steed is a highly recommended seller and a great guy too. Steed actually provided me with some excellent advice and training during my research over the past months. Thanks for everything, Steed.

Also, my apologies to Tritium as I know he's been on a Speedy search too. At least you now have one less buyer to worry about. Finally, I would love to offer up a wrist shot but I don't have any spring bars that fit. I've been a Constellation and Seamaster guy up to this point. Ofrei should arrive with my 20mm spring bars later today. Maybe I'll post a "palm shot" in the meantime...

Tritium likes this.
  2. Tritium Sep 25, 2014

You don't have to apologize.
    You were the first to PM, so yours is the watch :)

I can also confirm that John is not only a man of his words, but a true gentleman and an excellent guy always willing to help.

I'm happy to see that it went to a good home and I'm really happy for you. Enjoy it and wear it in good health :thumbsup:

And of course... Dibs!

Selbo likes this.