Forums Latest Members

JohnP of DelRayWatch - teaching how to sell/deal watches - only $329.00

1. CameronD Mar 17, 2020

John P of DelRay Watches is now offering a course on how to grow a business on buying and selling watches - a good side hustle for him, since more than likely, luxury watch sales will drop for the next months due to the Coronavirus/Covid 19 pandemic. (DelRay watches is in Miami - I have no affiliation with them except I sold two watches last year to Federico) - For those who don't know DelRay Watch - here are the YouTube channels: Federico Talks watches and John P watches) I am not keen on this or appreciative of the approach. I unsubscribed to his emails and youtube channel.

https://johnp.teachable.com/p/watch-dealer-101 Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 11.24.56 AM.png

Edited Mar 17, 2020
  2. Dan S Mar 17, 2020

This is like one of those scams that get people to sign up for a weekend course to learn how to flip houses. Disgusting.

3. fransker Mar 17, 2020

Can a generic sales book accomplish the same, if then applied to watches?

- Know the market
    - Know your customer
    - Create a network
    - Work hard
    - Be nice

4. Dan S Mar 17, 2020

Develop trust with transparency and honesty.

Benbradstock, fransker and Dsloan like this.
  5. KingCrouchy Mar 17, 2020

I can't see the classic Hodinkee move, the pump and dump.

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 17, 2020

I got my fellow OF brethren to teach me. Don’t need this Corona Pirate.

watch3s, kkt, mayankyadav and 2 others like this.
  7. Lovewatches2 Mar 17, 2020

I agree with Larry S +1

CameronD likes this.
  8. OMEGuy Mar 17, 2020

If John P had a growing business, he wouldn't need to offer a course on how to get there.

watch3s, kkt, fransker and 2 others like this.
  9. CaptainWinsor Mar 17, 2020

Laughable.

10. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Mar 17, 2020

I am not considering taking his course, for no other reason than that’s not my area of interest. But, other than the fact that it takes John P five hours to get to the point in any of his videos, what is it you don’t like about his courses?

CameronD likes this.
  11. CaptainWinsor Mar 17, 2020

I just tried to watch one of these videos. Couldn’t do it. Why would anyone listen to a guy on YouTube who tells you this is what you should buy I kept expecting the line, ‘and if you act now, you’ll receive’. Just like Dan S said, it’s no better than the house flipping weekend seminar. Guys like this are just grifters and attention seekers.

Dan S, watch3s and CameronD like this.
  12. killer67 Mar 17, 2020

watch trading academy and secret entourage (cars and watch flipping) did the same scam. Reviews and common sense speak for themselves

Benbradstock likes this.
  13. asrnj77 Mar 17, 2020

I believe the "secret" is to get little old ladies to sell their husbands 2998 for $3000. You can also offer "trade ins" where you offer 50% value while offering no discount on your overpriced piece.

I'll give my advice for free: "buy low and sell high"

CaptainWinsor, watch3s and kkt like this.
  14. CameronD Mar 18, 2020

The five hours to get to the point is more than enough to not partake.

15. reverbtime Mar 18, 2020

Was thinking about buying a watch from Delray Watch, but after reading this, I stayed away.

16. killer67 Mar 18, 2020

sadly, not an isolated incident

17. osc Mar 18, 2020

Brutal. Glad you shared this, there are probably nuances in the details between the two sides but the clincher is the 'reporting to the dealer network'.

18. Dan S Mar 18, 2020

I don't like the way that handled that situation either. Just for the record, it looks like they have changed their return policy significantly since then. The previous one was total gibberish.

Old:
    Returns
    While we will accommodate legitimate claims about a watch not being in the promised condition, we are unable to accept returns on watches. However, we will take return requests at fair consideration, based on the circumstances. If an item is not received in working or advertised condition, we will work with you to come to a fair resolution. Any deposits made against watches shall be considered non-refundable unless otherwise agreed in writing.

New:
    Returns
    Delray Watch Supply encourages all buyers to be sure of the model prior to purchase. Please ask any questions, we are very glad and excited to help. We will honor returns within 48 hours of receiving the item only if the product is not as described. We do not accept returns for “Buyer’s Remorse”. Any deposits made against watches shall be considered non-refundable unless otherwise agreed in writing.

teome, T03 and CameronD like this.