Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M'Bob Aug 26, 2018

What ever side of the isle you sit on in the US, you cannot not deny that this man was special, and his brand of fairness in politics will be severely missed.

2. Morseman Aug 26, 2018

He will be missed indeed. I wrote in his name on my 2016 ballot.

The Father, MikiJ, shishy and 6 others like this.
  3. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Aug 26, 2018

Taps.

99F12600-4319-4596-8875-7BE5F6AE7F7A.jpeg

4. ATWG Aug 26, 2018

Very sad day and huge loss indeed, at a very critical time in US history. He will be sorely missed.

#Fedup

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 26, 2018

Indeed a true patriot and hero, not only in his wartime service but as a political icon as well. He will surely be missed, men like him do not come along often enough.

Thank you John McCain for making not only this country, but this world as a whole a better place.

Mad Dog, The Father, Larry S and 3 others like this.
  6. perks713 Aug 26, 2018

I didn’t nessesarly agree with all of his political views, and there was a window during his presidential run where I thought he’d given in to the temptation of blindly agreeing to get votes, but more often than not I felt confident that John McCain wanted nothing but to make this country a better place. He and I may have disagreed on how to go about doing that, but he never came across as someone making an arguement to further his own self interests.

Had he won the nomination in 2000, I likely would have voted for him.

Republican, Democrat, doesn’t matter... we were better off with John McCain’s voice on the senate floor. No one will truly fill his shoes, but I sure hope someone steps up and tries.

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 26, 2018

He acquitted himself with honor in his many roles. And he cared that he did so. For our sakes, may he not be the last. RIP.

George.A, Mad Dog, The Father and 9 others like this.
  8. time flies Aug 26, 2018

Dear old auntie once said: "if you have nothing nice to say...say nothing." I have not always followed that advice. I appreciate Senator McCains military service to this country.

have fun
    kfw

9. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 26, 2018

Me too. POW 5 years, Silver Star, Purple Heart and Bronze stars, and the draft dodger we elected didn't think he was a hero ::facepalm1::

10. larryganz The cable guy Aug 26, 2018

He was a true maverick who will be missed.

11. Brianstoops Aug 26, 2018

John McCain was class personified.

One of the few politicians that instilled a belief in "the system".

RIP.

Mad Dog, The Father and MikiJ like this.
  12. albertob Aug 26, 2018

Well known and respected also in Europe.

He will be missed.

George.A, Mad Dog, The Father and 2 others like this.
  13. rkman11 Aug 26, 2018

Ummm... I just like watches...

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 26, 2018

I’ll leave McCains own words to describe how I felt about him.

“He’s a decent family man [and] citizen that just I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues” - McCain on Obama.

George.A, Mad Dog, The Father and 6 others like this.
  15. river rat Aug 26, 2018

When I went to fire fighting and damage control school in the US Navy. They would show this film on the USS Forrestal CV-59 when it caught fire when a rocket accidently went off and was off the coast of Vietnam. They all ways have a camera going on the flight deck during flight operations. You can see the rocket hitting a aircraft and the explosions and fire and you can see a pilot jumping from his aircraft for his life that pilot was John McCain. Then you also see a fire party a group of men fighting that fire then a flash and then all those men are dead it showed you the importance to know how to fight that fire. Then he went to another carrier that was also off the coast of Vietnam and then became a POW. That film left a impression on me. I wished we had more politicians in Washington like him he fought for us veterans and was willing to work with both party's to get stuff done a lost art there now. I will miss him not many I respect in Washington. Rest in piece John McCain. Here is the film I saw in fire fighting school. Think he could of went home with this carrier but instead he chose to go to another carrier mite be wrong there. If he went home he would of never been a POW.

Edited Aug 26, 2018
  16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 26, 2018

RIP John McCain.

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 26, 2018

Very sad to see him go, even on this side of the Pacific he was well known as a man of great character.

Edward53, George.A, Mad Dog and 5 others like this.
  18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 26, 2018

I didn’t see eye to eye with him, didn’t vote for him but.. I respect the hell out of him and am sad beyond reason that he has passed. God speed John! :(

19. WatchVaultNYC Aug 26, 2018

John McCain was a class act.

20. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 26, 2018

You did nothing wrong. He was a great man, soldier and statesman and worthy of remembrance. Celebrating the life of such a man should not be occasion for regret and is never inappropriate.

George.A, The Father, Mad Dog and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.