Forums Latest Members

Assistance with model? How old?

1. ArizonaWatch Jul 9, 2011

Picture 089.jpg Picture 090.jpg Picture 091.jpg My wife has had this in her posession for quite sometime ... We're wanting to get it appraised but I do not know model etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide...and sorry for the low quality pictures.

On the face of the watch it says OMEGA, Ladymatic and Swiss Made.

The back of the watch it says 14KGOLD and the wristband clasp says 14K as well.

Thanks again

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2011

Is it possible to get the caseback taken off and see a picture of the inside of it?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2011

Generally speaking these watches were gold filled (not solid gold) and they are VERY small (its amazing they were able to actually make an automatic that small back then) and as a result the gold weight is very low.

Here's an example of what something like that would go for: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OMEGA-LADYMATIC-Ladies-Watch-Vintage-1960s-Warranty-/270743234060Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I've seen them go between $250-$600 with the good condition of that one (assuming it runs well) probably putting it on the upper end, but there's really no market for them, unlike vintage Omega sports watches and the mens Constellations, these have not aged well fashion wise (which is all that matters in ladies watches) and as a result there is just no demand. If it means a lot to her, just keep it, because any offer made by a watch dealer will likely be insultingly low.

If it runs wear it, if it doesn't run, then it probably isn't worth spending much overhauling unless for sentimental reasons.

The one possibility with this is that IF the new Omega Ladymatic (Seen below) becomes a big hit, the value of the old models could increase slightly. I wouldn't count on it though.

[​IMG]

4. ArizonaWatch Jul 9, 2011

Thank you VERY MUCH for your awesome and quick reply!

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2011

Happy to be of any assistance. Just don't show her pictures of the new one, it could get expensive for you!

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2011

Oh and by the way, they were 1950s 1960s production, and that bracelet does look original, many of them would have fallen apart by now but that one looks pretty good.

7. ArizonaWatch Jul 9, 2011

I don't know a lot about watches but the glass top has a slight crack in it and it does not work - not sure what is involved to get it going again...

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2011

If its simple, could just be a mainspring or something, but it could also be much more complicated. If any moisture has gotten in through the crack (or any other way for that matter) you could have corrosion problems inside. These can easily cost $300 for something simple or $500+ for a serious problem, which is more than they're worth. Does it mean a lot to her, or is it just something she'd like to wear again?

9. ArizonaWatch Jul 9, 2011

It means a lot to her ... been in the family for a while... I appreciate all your help!:)

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2011

No problem man, might be worth getting Omega Bienne to take care of it if its a special watch, they'll get it to look exactly as it did the day it was manufactured, and they're not afraid of vintage watches