Forums Latest Members
  1. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 15, 2017

After four and a half years of living and working away from home I am finally home to live again.
    I cant describe the feeling and the fact that I don't have to fly out again in a week or two hasn't really sunk in yet and doesn't feel real.

What is real is that I have managed to repatriate nearly all of my watches and associated bits. If you have been following my previous threads you will understand why this final step was full of a reasonable amount of trepidation.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/seven-more-repatriated.58081/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/nothing-like-adding-a-bit-of-stress-to-travel.57071/

Started by packing, re-packing and re-packing again over a two week period. Being as comfortable with my strategy as I could be my journey started at about 12.30 yesterday morning. My strategy was to place one or two or three (cheaper) watches in each checked in bag and then have twelve watches on my person. Check in and security went smoothly for both airports, only final hurdle of arrival left.

Arrived early and passed through immigration incredibly quickly and proceeded to the baggage carousel expecting to see bright yellow customs tape all over my luggage. The luggage was as swift as the preceding steps and no yellow tape, woohoo things are looking good. Next hurdle was baggage xray but unbelievably they wave me through with no xray, this I could not believe and was laughing out loud on the inside as I almost skipped out of the airport to my waiting taxi.

I am home as happy as can be and will now have to rehabilitate my self to living a normal life again:D

Some pics of the watch related goods that came with me amongst my other accumulated posessions:

IMG_2025.JPG IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2027.JPG IMG_2026.JPG

Hijak, argonbeam, BartH and 29 others like this.
  2. kkt Jun 15, 2017

Wow! Happy it went so smoothly.

3. repoman Jun 15, 2017

Welcome (back) home. I don't know if I could have done it, that's a long time to be away, and the stress of getting all that booty back home must have been intense.

4. Rumar89 Jun 15, 2017

Couple good looking early Conquests in the mix. Congrats on dodging the tax man. Where were you emigrating to?

5. sxl2004 Jun 15, 2017

Home Sweet Home!
    Enjoy!

6. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jun 15, 2017

Glad the move went off without a hitch and everyone made it home without getting fondleded by Customs ::bleh::

Now what is first on the list to acquire now that you're home?::popcorn::

7. Tubber Jun 15, 2017

Your a brave man if you took that lot through Vietnamese Customs. But congrats.

8. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 16, 2017

I am very lucky that I have a brilliant wife. We would Skype at least once, frequently twice a day and there was always a smile on the other end.
    Watches and this place always kept me occupied when I was not working so owe a huge thankyou to OF.

Now what is first on the list to acquire now that you're home?::popcorn::[/QUOTE]
    Don't know what is next. It is much harder now as you cannot import used items into Vietnam unless you carry them in.

I was thinking about how much watch related stuff that I had repatriated over three trips and was a bit surprised. The cat (Ziggy) in the pics was also repatriated:)

IMG_2037.JPG IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

9. Bushido Jun 16, 2017

I'm really glad to read that the final trip is complete and the ending is a happy one! Enjoy being back home good sir.

10. neilfrancis Jun 16, 2017

12 watches on your person?!? I don't suppose you have a picture of that you could share do you? :)
    I have much 'enjoyed' reading your threads on this nail-biting adventure. But the tension...! It has been palpable.

Most of all, I am delighted to hear that it has ended well. And great to see pics of your amazing collection. Best wishes. N.

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 16, 2017

Fantastic finale Pete.

Can I show these pics to Ms JimInOz? It'll help her understand that I'm not insane :D.

neilfrancis and Barking mad like this.
  12. morningtundra Jun 16, 2017

Lovely collection. What's the "green lady" at about 8oclock in the first pics?

13. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 16, 2017

Hah, she is a rather rotund girl that i have owned for 15-20 years. She stayed at home so no need for repatriation.

You have my blessing. Nutbags unite:D

14. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 16, 2017

Ah! There's the Speedies!

Welcome home Pete!

15. sjg22 Jun 16, 2017

Congrats! Happy you can enjoy an incredible collection at home.

16. Motman Jun 16, 2017

The
    You could have gotten a joke in about a Northerner asking "Have you got the time on yer cock?"