Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Jun 20, 2013

Hey guys:

Just wanted to know some more information about this JLC

I'm trying to find out if its original and what these sorts of watch fetch in the current market

Might not be to everyone's taste, quite a modern conservative feel to it with date at 6 position

View attachment 20610

View attachment 20611

View attachment 20612

View attachment 20613

View attachment 20614

View attachment 20615

What strikes me as strange is the 'Le Coultre" engravings harking to the earlier models and "jaeger Le Coultre" on the dial.. Perhaps it was a transitional model? Or it could be a re dial?

Thanks for your feedback! :)

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 20, 2013

There is no "transitional " element here. Some models were occasoinally marked JLC on the dial but only had LeCoultre on the movement, but with so many redials about it's best to aim for JLC on both movement & dial.

A LeCoultre will not command the price of a JLC.

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jun 20, 2013

Can't tell you offhand what they sell for, but it's not as much as you might think. Looks like a K886 (K for Kif shock protection) and if you could get me the serial number from under the balance I could tell you about what year it was made.

However, if you use this to sell it immediately you have to give me a share of the profits. ;)

That's normal.

Have to see it in person with a loupe to be sure. It seems a lot of companies have a die or two for the JLC font.

4. Dablitzer Jun 20, 2013

Can't get that close to it. The guy who owns wants a trade. And he's an ex- paratrooper, so I think i might just leave it...Think the watch was bought for £650...

5. Dablitzer Jun 20, 2013

And, forgot to mention it's a grey dial. It looks black from the pictures.

6. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jun 20, 2013

Normal to have JLC on the dial and Lecoultre on the movement.
    Also have to add I have not seen a JLC with date at 6. But I haven't seen that many JLCs.

7. Mothra Jun 20, 2013

I don't think the photos are doing it any favours, and i think it would look smart on the right strap. If it was automatic, I'd be pming you about it... Although, is the dial messed up on the left hand side?

8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 20, 2013

You know what they say about what falls from the sky, "birdsh*t and paratroopers ! (Airborne for us Yanks)

Dablitzer likes this.
  9. ulackfocus Jun 20, 2013

..... and Sky Lab. :p