Forums Latest Members
  1. josephgsy Oct 26, 2017

2. Optimizer13 Oct 26, 2017

The dial isn't as clean as how people generally want it to be on a dress watch. Also, its gold filled instead of stainless steel. Its the smaller size 34mm instead of the 37mm version. Not an expert on JLC memovox(es) but just my 2 cents. But if you really like it, its a bargain price I think! Hope this helps!

François Pépin likes this.
  3. wkimmd Oct 26, 2017

I am not sure about the logo on the dial - looks a little darker and more irregular than it should - but I need a higher quality image to tell, for sure. The dial is very dirty, and the inner dial almost looks a bit molded. This is a cal 489, which was in the first memovox model, a manual wind alarm. The cal 815 and cal 825 housed models which are the first automatic winding alarms (825 with date) are more deairable and I think more the “classic” memovox; particularly the cal 825 in the 37mm case (ref e855) are considered the most iconic, at least in my opinion. That all being said, yours will need some work but I don’t think you overpaid.

4. ConElPueblo Oct 27, 2017

It's a combination of smaller size, not being a JaegerLeCoultre and being gold filled, not steel. That said, I think it is a decent buy :)

I don't see any major flaws on the dial - look closely and you'll see the original sunburst finish on the center disc! - and the case is looking good as well :thumbsup:

My guess is that some pictures in natural light will make this piece look very good indeed.

François Pépin likes this.
  5. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Oct 27, 2017

I'd say most of the markings on the dial are from shadows from crystal scratches. Polywatch!

6. ConElPueblo Oct 27, 2017

There is a shot of the dial removed from the case in the listing. Some aging, but not much...

Deafboy likes this.
  7. François Pépin Oct 27, 2017

It is not a 489, in which what is here one main bridge is divided on two pieces. It is a 814, as said in the ad.
    As far as I am concerned, the first Memovox with the 489 are very classic! But indeed you have to like small watches.

8. josephgsy Oct 27, 2017

thanks for all your tips! :)