Forums Latest Members

"JLC Master Control Disaster" The Second

1. Tripitz Oct 29, 2015

Its a Continuation of this Thread:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/jlc-master-controll-disaster.29851/
    As i was told in the thread above i contacted Jaeger LeCoultre directly and as expected the service was superb.
    I exchanged some emails with the salesman and in the end he told me it should be no problem to recover the number,but that i have to send it in for repair and that i should visit the nearest JLC boutique.
    Turns out the rude Guy i talked to on the phone was the owner of the boutique.
    He recognized me from the call and again told me it is probably stolen and that he cant touch it without the serial. I then told him i had contacted the JLC Headquarter and that they told me to bring it to him and that it would be no problem. He told me he would check it,but against his believes.
    Turns out its completely Destroyed.
    He told me he was sorry for me but all he could do was send it in,but they would exchange the movement. He also said it is impossible the seller didn't know about this.
    So i opened a case in Paypal and after i tried to explain what is wrong they said they would look into this.Then i have to send them some details and links and in the end they told me that i wont get anything.
    So i gave up and had a friend who started watchmaking take a look inside. He told me, again, that this piece is irreparable....
    I have no idea what to do now and would appreciate any ideas.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 29, 2015

As I see it you have 3 options:

1 - Keep on trying with PayPal, or if you used a credit card through PayPal to make the purchase, try the card company.

2 - Send it to JLC and pay the bill.

3 - Chalk it up to experience.

Cheers, Al

Tripitz likes this.
  3. cristos71 Oct 29, 2015

It is obviously a PITA but you purchased it at the end of September, so you can still open a PayPal/Ebay case as it is damaged and not as described. Time is of the essence though, the sooner the dispute is open the sooner it will be resolved.

I don't understand why haven't you done this already instead of faffing around with the boutique and trying to get it repaired?

You didn't buy it as a non running project watch, so don't feel obliged to deal with it as such.

Good luck!

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 29, 2015

Actually he did buy it as non running...

"it was described as "the seconds hand doesn't move,so i am selling it""