I think even the ss one costs about 1700,-€ ::screwloose::

2. Vizard Nov 4, 2021

Ouch.

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 4, 2021

Around £2k if you have to source one.

4. Vizard Nov 5, 2021

Double ouch.

5. Vizard Nov 6, 2021

I am coming round to your way of thinking on this. The rose variants do look right. As do the steel ones. I am increasingly thinking that the yellow ones are less appealing.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Nov 6, 2021

White Gold? Platinum?

7. Vizard Nov 6, 2021

Call me a peasant, but I struggle with white metal that isn't stainless. In the case of white gold it just makes a watch heavier and less robust as far as I can tell.

I am trying to research the different sizes and formats currently. The variations appear huge in number.

I like the look of the Tribute, but they seem quite large.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2021

There's not much substitute for trying some on. The research can get you so far, but the Reverso which is right for you is heavily dependent on your wrist. Personally I find the Tribute dimensions work nicely and it doesn't wear as large at all on my slightly flat 7.5 inch wrist !

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2021

some pics - the Duoface Tribute Bleu...

20211106_120929.jpg

20211106_120946.jpg

and by comparison, the Tribute to Deep Sea chrono (44mm)

20211106_120848.jpg

Foo2rama and Eve like this.
  10. Vizard Nov 6, 2021

That doesn't look stupidly huge. What is your wrist diameter?

By contrast, I don't like the look of this fit: [​IMG]

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2021

My wrist is 7.5 inches.

Unless that's your wrist in the picture, it's next to useless as a guide. The case is the same size on both that and the watch I posted.

They look totally different because of wrist shape and wrist size. The way Reverso's wear really - really - depends on your wrist.

You just have to try them on. When you do, it gets obvious pretty quickly which size works for you. There were models I loved, but as soon as I put them on they just looked totally wrong.

If you're in the UK, go to a Boutique - they are usually happy to spend time letting you try them. The good assistants know choosing a Reverso is not quick & depends more on personal physicality than the round cased watches...

Edited Nov 6, 2021
    amiriqbal, Foo2rama, Larry S and 2 others like this.
  12. Vizard Nov 6, 2021

Not my wrist. I was merely using it to indicate how I don't like a watch to fit.

I am a fan of smaller watches and wear a 37mm Master Control as my daily.

13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2021

I just checked & my Duoface is 46mm x 27.5mm, which is actually slightly bigger than the one you posted (looks like it's the Tribute Monoface) at 45.6 x 27.4mm.

If you're already wearing a 37mm Master Control, then I'd expect the Tribute case to be fine for you. At the time I bought my Duoface I was mostly wearing the Master Moon 39mm.

Here's a pic for comparison - Master Moon 39 - maybe this helps gauge the relative sizes ?

20211106_141555.jpg

Edited Nov 6, 2021
  14. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 6, 2021

Here's mine -- my favorite variation. Great watch in the Tribute to 1931 case; the dial has a nice silvery finish.

[​IMG]

Foo2rama, Eve and SpikiSpikester like this.
  15. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 6, 2021

With the reverso and its flat case, you want to pay attention to the length top to bottom lug. It just sits flat.

16. Alfista88 Nov 6, 2021

Agreed on suggestions to try them on. I purchased my first Reverso sight-unseen, and realized within a week I selected the wrong size for me. I was a costly mistake, before I found the right size fit and ended up with the Reverso Duo.

Unfortunately, mine kept getting magnetized, when I wore it on weekly work trips. But thoroughly enjoyed the aesthetics of it while it was in my possession. And also its ease-of-use, as I had the generation where you can advance the hour by a big pusher on the side of the case.

Larry S likes this.
  17. Vizard Nov 6, 2021

My Master Control is the most easily magnetised watch I have ever owned. I can demag it, and half a day later it is magnetised again. My keyboard is mildly magnetic, that is probably some of the cause. But my phone, my laptop etc etc....

I was speaking to a salesman at a JLC AD a few weeks ago. Without mentioning magnetism, he volunteered that when he owned a Reverso it was always magentised. He seemed to believe that makers like JLC and Patek are quite set in their ways with regard to watchmaking and don't address the issue of magnetism as much as some other manufacturers.

This isn't mainspring magnetism, causing minutes of gain per day. It's small component magnetism (hairspring particularly I think) that causes the watch to just not run optimally.

All my watches become magnetised eventually, it affects some more than others. I had a Submariner that ran better that way, because it went from losing per day to gaining.

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 6, 2021

19. Vizard Nov 6, 2021

I don't think you can.

20. jsducote Nov 6, 2021

Regarding size, I think many men underestimate their own wrist size and think that a large watch does not look good. Wear what you're comfortable wearing, by all means, but nobody is going to stare, point, or whisper behind your back unless it's something really ridiculous. Nothing in this thread approaches ridiculous. If anything, I say there are some that are a tad too small.