Forums Latest Members

JLC Certificate of Origin question

1. TylerRolex Sep 3, 2016

I recently purchased a JLC Deep Sea Alarm Tribute from an AD. I am very particular about new watch purchases and when the Certificate of Origin was not included I was concerned. After talking with the owner of the AD they assured me JLC watches no longer come with Certificate of Origin's. Is this true?

While this watch has been discontinued, all other Deep Sea Alarms I have seen came with this document.

Anyone know if JLC stopped issuing Certificates or Origin?

Cheers,
    Tyler

Albe100 likes this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 3, 2016

I don't but if you post pictures then someone may be able to help spot any red flags. Also, try emailing or calling a JLC Boutique direct

3. TylerRolex Sep 3, 2016

Here is what mine came with...as you can see, no Certificate of Origin.

image.jpeg
  4. pcdubc Sep 4, 2016

That Guarantee Certificate is it. If that isn't filled out, you can ask the AD to do so.

NT931 likes this.
  5. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Sep 4, 2016

Can we see some pics/wrist shots? Don't tease us like that:mad:

6. TylerRolex Sep 4, 2016

My bad...I actually don't have a wrist shot yet. I bought it and then went out of town for a few weeks. I'll post one in the next day or two. Can't believe I found one new at through an AD. Here is a pic of what I thought should have come with the watch. Mine is missing the Certificate of Origin. That is why I posted the original question. The AD said they no longer send out watches with that Certificate.

Cheers,
    Tyler

image.png
    Jwit likes this.
  7. pcdubc Sep 4, 2016

I have not seen that Certificate of Origin for any of my modern (post 2011) JLC's. It could be exclusive to this particular model. But even for other LE such as the Geophysic, there was no Certificate of Origin.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 4, 2016

I've bought two in the last four years. One in Chicago and one in Paris from AD's . My Chicago AD gave me an appraisers cert. for insurance. No cert of origin for either.

9. T<25 Sep 15, 2016

What a beautiful watch. ::rimshot:: Love it!

10. DTMwatch Sep 16, 2016

Nice looking watch. Enjoy it.

11. cottonlume Sep 29, 2016

enjoy the watch!