Forums Latest Members

JeanRichard - swiss made fashion watches or horological pioneers?

1. blacktiger May 20, 2017

So I came across this brand - Daniel JeanRichard. Apparently, it's a dedication to the swiss watch pioneer Daniel JeanRichard, that's great and all, but when it comes down to the watches themselves...what do we think?

They're pretty high priced, swiss made with (some) good movement in I think ETA I would have thought. My knowledge is very limited on this so was hoping someone with better knowledge might chip in with their own opinion!

Best wishes guys,

Dan

2. blacktiger May 20, 2017

Forgot to add some images in!

The watches are BIG, not really a bad thing as modern watches are in that current direction. Styling...hmm I'm not sure...some I like...some I loathe. :p

Aquascope-White-Dial.png JeanRichard-divers-watch-thumb-1600x1067-25203.jpg terrascope.jpg
  3. ErikR May 20, 2017

JeanRichard is to Girrard perragaux what Tudor is to rolex.
    Same family (sowind group) and GP have made some of the mvmts used in jR

Decent watches. Ashford etc have them on sale every now and then for "cheap"
    Resale is tough, but for the right price you get alot of bang for buck.

blacktiger likes this.
  4. blacktiger May 20, 2017

Can imagine the resale not being good - had read about it being a sister to GP, makes me think the shift from fashion to horological moves over slightly. The price has certainly been slashed since they started using ETA, they were preposterous when they used in the house.