Forums Latest Members

JB Champion brothers in arms (or wrists)...a question

1. M'Bob Feb 25, 2017

Okay, so I got me a horned-end NASA mesh, and can put it on...but is there a trick to getting it off? Do you slide the little button, and LIFT; or slide the button, and ROTATE? And..does it help to put a drop of oil on that mechanism? Many thanks.
    JB.JPG

tapaptpat likes this.
  2. Canuck Feb 25, 2017

As i recall from decades ago, the latch is hinged on one end, and lifts at the other to release it.

tapaptpat and M'Bob like this.
  3. wsfarrell Feb 25, 2017

Yes the little button doesn't slide or press in or rotate or anything, it's just a place to get your thumbnail under and lift.

4. TLIGuy Feb 26, 2017

In my experience there are two ways to disengage the locking mechanism easily depending on how you wear the bracelet.

If you wear it snug try the pinching method. If you wear it loose try the lift and slide method.

IMG_8302_zpsktjz4ys8.JPG

Edited Feb 26, 2017
  5. M'Bob Feb 26, 2017

A double "like" on that one, thanks kindly.

TLIGuy and tapaptpat like this.
  6. tapaptpat Feb 26, 2017

Okey been reading this with an keen eye. So ok for the clasp. Now the noob question how to swap the bracelet completely? Is it a simple pin removal job and slip though endlinks and re-attach? Or will I need a image with arrows to do that part too?
    Cheers

7. TLIGuy Feb 26, 2017

As simple as changing out a strap because you have a 1mm gap (on 20mm lugs) to insert the tip of what ever tool you are using to depress the pins. On a 19mm straight lug case it's a bit tighter but the end pieces compress to allow the tool in to depress the pins. The only issue sometimes is feeding the pins through the end pieces because it's 3 separate parts but it's pretty easy to wiggle it through.

tapaptpat likes this.