Forums Latest Members
  1. Uniqez Aug 20, 2016

[​IMG]

Looks like Jason Statham got a speedmaster pro in the new Mechanic resurrection movie. Here is the screen shot from the movie.
    Any ideas on the reference number?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. w.finkenstaedt Aug 20, 2016

Probably a modern hesalite ref on third party strap. Doubt that a movie production team would bother to source a vintage ref for anything but a period movie.

Even then, Speedmasters have changed so little since 70-75 that they probably wouldn't bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jfo2010 Aug 20, 2016

Looks like I see a milky rig. May be the sapphire version

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 20, 2016

Has the hesalite curve, just angle of camera.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Uniqez Aug 20, 2016

Also, looks like they have started the chrono , just to show Omega logo)))

6. meganfox17 Aug 20, 2016

Hi @Uniqez

How are you Sir ?

You are absolutely spot on that Jason Statham was initially wearing what i believe is a regular Speedy on a leather strap & BUT The Moonwatch had much better screen time on the wrist of Jessica Alba actually[​IMG]
    The Stath : " Here , You'll need this "
    Sky Angel : " What does it do ? "
    The Stath : " Duh... It tells the time Dummy...!"[​IMG]Lots of the action sequences filming were done on a boat & sea/ beach so i really doubt The Stath was wearing the Speedy [​IMG]Of course we know The Stath loves Panerai & Rolex but he was wearing an IWC Aquatimer 2000 in most of the stunts[​IMG]I think The Stath secretly enjoyed this scene more than the Speedy.......[​IMG]

Jwit, Lonestar, Longbow and 5 others like this.
  7. Uniqez Aug 21, 2016

Hi @meganfox17
    Doing just fine. How about yourself?
    I haven't seen the movie yet, the screen shot was from the trailer actually.
    I think Speedy looks awesome on Jessica Alba).But, yeah you would expect actors wearing some Seamasters while filming by the ocean.
    P.S. Jason was spotted with Patek Nautilus the other day, I like his style and watches he picks!

Jwit and meganfox17 like this.
  8. Clibka Aug 21, 2016

Cool post. Now I need to convince my wife that she should wear speedies so I can purchase another [emoji12]

Jwit, WatchVaultNYC and meganfox17 like this.
  9. brunrox Aug 21, 2016

Love these movies.., no attention to detail..
    In one scene the Speedy is on her left wrist, and on the other on her right...
    Oh well..

Jwit, Lonestar and meganfox17 like this.
  10. w.finkenstaedt Aug 21, 2016

Convinced mine to wear a 2255.80 so I could get another Seamaster. Should be posting about my new 2232.30 on Tuesday. [emoji16]

Jwit and Uniqez like this.
  11. arno Aug 21, 2016

The watch moves from right wrist, to left wrist, to rigth wrist again, on the lady's arm...

12. brunrox Aug 21, 2016

Oh Well...

13. meganfox17 Aug 22, 2016

Hey @brunrox
    Hey @arno
    Hello @Uniqez
    Hi Guys !

You Guys wanna see close up wrist shots of the leather Strap[​IMG]....and the Speedy on Jessica Alba?[​IMG]I got a Msg from "The Stath".He told me to tell You Guys....[​IMG]" So I screwed-Up Royally wearing the Aquatimer on both wrists too...!"
    "No ♤♡♢♧#$₩ attention to details ! Deal with It !" [​IMG]" Just Watch the Damn movie Chumps...! "

Edited Aug 22, 2016
  14. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Aug 22, 2016

I wouldn't be surprised if the "elbowing" image had been 'flipped' (mirror image).

I can't make out the crown and pushers on all of the pictures. Would be wrist side (as opposed to elbow side) if worn on the left hand even if images were flipped.
    Have a closer look at the buttons on Jessica's dress* on the "right hand wearing" picture compared to the others.

* Any excuse :whistling:
    More fun than searching to see if Stath actually shoots right handed and his picture has also been flipped. :D
    That's some homework for @meganfox17

meganfox17 likes this.
  15. chows99 Aug 22, 2016

Speedy looks great on women, especially beautiful ones!

meganfox17 likes this.
  16. meganfox17 Aug 22, 2016

Hi @Emeister

Yes Sir. I need solid proof so i'm going to watch The Stath's latest flick opening in cinemas in Malaysia coming Wed 24/8/16 ...errr.....hmm....Ok i got this....In US it's the other way around...i mean 8/24/16 [emoji14]

Uniqez and Emeister like this.
  17. Uniqez Aug 22, 2016

So, I started to watch movie last night, and fell asleep after about 15 minutes.
    No, movie is not boring, I was just tired.
    But, I have learned few things from Stath:
    1) You don't wind a speedy in the morning
    2) Now, I know how to say no, if somebody offers me a job that I don't want to do.
    Also, I got inspired by @meganfox17, Jessica Albany and Stath and put my speedy on today.

[​IMG]

P.S. I love to wear my speedy on the day, when company has conferences and my boss show up wearing $9.99 oversized watch from Walmart with fake dials and glued on hands on the dials.
    So dominating)lol
    P.P.S. Thanks for an inspiration @meganfox17 ;)

meganfox17 likes this.
  18. Perseus Aug 22, 2016

Man I went Panda dial with the Speedy and when I see nice shots of the original I miss it :(.

19. Uniqez Aug 22, 2016

I guess it's time to buy another one))))

oddboy likes this.
  20. meganfox17 Aug 30, 2016

Mechanic Resurrection
    Watch Nerd Statistics[​IMG]
    Hi@Uniqez

I watched the movie today & brought along 2 friends .All 3 of us had Chronographs ! to time the events on screen.....Would You Believe that ?

1 # I'm very impressed with Jason Statham who was wearing the Speedy for 37 mins 36 secs or 37.87% of the movie screen time

2# Heck !!! The Speedy was on Jason Statham left wrist ALL the time as he jumped off cable cars on to Hang Glider , punching hacking beating bad guys to death or blowing them to smithereens , dancing & even making love to Jessica Alba !

3 # In one scene JS unbuckles the Speedy in bed the next morning & fastens the Speedy on JA left wrist saying...

" ..This belongs to my Father , it's my only memory of him ...."

Amazingly the Speedy NEVER left JA's wrist throughout the remaining length of the movie....which represented ~22% of screen time[​IMG]4# While uncuffing the restrained JA , Crain the Bad Ass Boss says to her with a surprise look....

" Did Arthur ( JS ) tell you where he got this from ? I never saw him take it off. It belonged to his father. Now i know he'll do anything for you..... "

5# At 65 mins , JS is seen wearing the IWC Aquatimer 2000 for the 1st time while emerging from the water climbing onto the boat [​IMG]Then JS starts spraying everyone on board with bullets like ...It was like a f#@&₩£☆ Warzone killing...i'm not really sure of the total body counts... but i counted close to 50 ...or wait a minute ..was it 55 ? Nevermine....

6# The Most Incredible UnObstructed Crystal Clearest shots on screen of the Speedy was at minute 75 & 95

7# So we were wrong about the Director not paying fine attention to Details. The Speedy was always on the left wrist of both people. I was wrong. The Speedy spent more time on Jason rather than Jessica . I guess her scenes with the speedy were shorter !

8# Total movie screen time of the Speedy ~59. 6 mins or representing 60% of the entire length of the movie !!!

9# Total screen time of the IWC Aquatimer ~25 mins or 25% of the duration of the film

10# The only glaring error was when Jason Statham picked up the Speedy on the table after the watch gave out a Wake Up Alarm noise with a Beep Beep Beep Beep sound effect ..... [emoji14] [emoji38]

savio.79, ahartfie and Jwit like this.