Forums Latest Members

James Bond 007 50th Anniversary Seamaster For Gents And Ladies

1. Lea Sep 15, 2012

My husband and I bought a pair of the 007 50th anniversary Seamaster in Lugano, Switzerland. We really love the watches. The back case is really cool. The number of the watch out of the total produced is shown at the back. Many may not want the 007 monogram design but we think it's nice. Photos and details are here: http://www.indulgethyself.com/2012/09/omega-seamaster-co-axial-300mm-james.html

Sorry, I'm not good in taking photos YET. [​IMG]

DSC_0260.JPG

2. Superdoc Sep 21, 2012

My good friend and colleague just got this one...
    I must admit that I thought that the dial would be too much based on the photos...
    but in life... it is a very subtle dial..and the ceramic just shines...

love it!

but, the only upsetting part for me is the knowledge that if the can do the 007 dial, then it means that they could definitely do the wave dial in ceramic....dont know why they wouldnt give us that

3. Carl Oct 23, 2012

Very nice post indeed! It is so true that the 007 is a lot more understated when seen in person.
    Congratulations to both of you on the lovely choice of watches!
    Personally, I prefer the smaller "Ladies" model. I got myself the same watch, in the non-007 version, and the smaller size. I have average size wrists for a guy, but prefer smaller watches.
    I think the diamond at 7 o'clock looks great as well. The caseback is a work of art. Here's a photo of my Seamaster, regular version of what you have, for comparison:
    P1010017-1-1.jpg
    Every time I go to the Omega Boutique, I look at the 007 model. And keep asking myself why didn't I get that one?!

Cheers,
    Carl

fskywalker and Spy like this.
  4. Watchmutt Oct 27, 2012

I like the 50th model too. Here is mine.
    DSC03102closesm.jpg

fskywalker, STEELE, Spy and 2 others like this.
  5. woodbine130 Jan 30, 2013

Ordered mine on Christmas Eve, Order went in and all was set, Then Omega called my Dealer and said they mis-counted on the amount left so My order couldn't be processed. She was Great and found one at another Store and had it transferred to her and I picked it up. Awesome watch, Better in person than in pictures.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 30, 2013

Congrats mate! You have any pics?

7. woodbine130 Jan 31, 2013

I will get some posed this weekend!

Thanks!

8. kendrick Feb 14, 2013

Hey,
    Was just looking at one of getting one of the James Bond omega's and had a question. I saw an add for one, but it claims to be a quartz movement? the watch I was looking at is identical to the pictures above. Any help would be appreciated!

9. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Feb 14, 2013

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

The latest 50th anniversary Bond SMP (with ceramic bezel with '50' marked in red, 007 motif on the dial, and 'spinning bullet' display case back) only comes with Omega's automatic Co-Axial movement. To my knowledge, I don't think any of the Bond limited editions have come with a quartz movement. The previous generation non-ceramic SMP came with a black dial which looks very similar to the above, and this was available in quartz. However, this is now discontinued, and Omega no longer offer quartz movements in their dive watch range

All the best,

Chris

10. Varasc Mar 23, 2013

Superb watches, very nice and fascinating pair.

11. Turb0wned Mar 23, 2013

Very nice!

12. khoalety Mar 23, 2013

Can't wait to see what Omega has for us as far as Bond watches in 3 years. :)

13. woodbine130 May 14, 2013

finally some photo's

iphonepics1 101.jpg iphonepics1 102.jpg
    fskywalker and Mare Nostrum like this.
  14. Mare Nostrum May 16, 2013

Congrats on your 007 50th Anniversary " match pair " :thumbsup:

15. dkpw May 21, 2013

While I wish Lea and her husband much joy with their new Omegas, I have a fullsome aversion to the branding of watches, which are strong enough within themselves, their own history and horological significance, to a fictional character and to a franchise, which however exciting, has merely paid to establish a connection. It's simply not necessary and when taken too far, is unthinking and rather puerile.

Varasc likes this.
  16. OttawaMan May 23, 2013

[​IMG]

Every time I go to the Omega Boutique, I look at the 007 model. And keep asking myself why didn't I get that one?!

Cheers,
    Carl

(I broke the quote link above to Carl so my apologies)

You didn't get the 007 model because you're not into cheesy gimmicky cereal box watches. I personally (and I'm likely about to make many enemies here) think it's great that Bond wears an Omega...but I also think it suffices to place it in the movie and let it be...people will see the movie and say "damn that's a hot watch..wonder what he's wearing" and look it up...analyze the footage etc...but instead, we need to produce these monstrosities that scream "look at me...look at me...I'm just like James Bond...look at me!!!" In my mind it cheapens the brand. (getting off soap box now).

17. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF May 24, 2013

I do see where you are coming from - however, playing as devil's advocate, the Bond branded watches get a lot of people interested in and owning Swiss watches who might otherwise not have bought one. Sure, it isn't usually the kind of thing that appeals to the hardcore set, but these Limited Editions have introduced a hell of a lot of people to Omega as a brand (and still are, judging by how quickly they sell through). Is that such a bad thing?

Chris

18. tag38 Jun 22, 2013

Just got my James Bond watch for a 20th anniversary gift. Great surprise and I love. Other than the 007 on the dial , which is hardly visible, and the red 50 on the dial looks like a standard Seamaster unless you look at the rear of the case.