Forums Latest Members
  1. chronos May 9, 2016

My brother recently received an old Jaeger Lecoultre as a heirloom of our grandfather. The watch was my grandpa's daily wearer for a long time, so I guess it is from around the 60ies.

When I looked closer at the watch I told my brother that he should get it serviced ASAP as the service history is unknown - it probably has never been serviced at all.
    I also noticed that the dial isn't in the best condidtion so I told him he should get a service done without letting them do anything to the dial / hands / crown and without letting them polish the case.

As I'm not familiar with JLC at all, I started looking for a similar dial on the internet. Unfortunately I didn't find any matching model. As it isn't my watch, I don't have many pics of it, unfortunately neither of the movement nor the caseback.
    But anyway: Could anyone please help identify the model and / or tell if it is an original dial or a redial?
    As my grandfather surely didn't buy a fake (unless someone would have ripped him off really badly), I'm confident the watch is genuine.
    Many thanks in advance!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Best, Stephan

+IMG_4761.JPG +IMG_4760.JPG

Edited May 9, 2016
  2. chronos May 9, 2016

Ps: the fact that the number 6 covers a part of "swiss made" raised suspicion to my novice eye...

3. chronos May 11, 2016

Isn't there anybody who can help?
    :unsure:

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 11, 2016

Likely a redial. The "SWISS MADE" appear to be placed oddly. Better photos would help in judging, as the signature looks decent, but is not clear enough to offer a strong opinion.

chronos likes this.
  5. omegastar May 11, 2016

Looks bizarre, the hands don't fit with the minute track + as @Tony C. Mentioned swiss made is strangely placed.
    To many question for me, I would pass.

chronos likes this.
  6. chronos May 11, 2016

Ok, Thank you both so much for your feedback! :thumbsup:

7. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids May 11, 2016

I also believe it is a redial for the reason stated above. Minute track looks odd, too. I think the redialer did the track and the "Swiss Made" in one press.

chronos likes this.
  8. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. May 16, 2016

Ditto for me. (I also have a novice eye). Also, is it normal for the 6 to be so far from the edge, but the 12 to be so close?

chronos likes this.