Forums Latest Members

SOLD Jaeger-LeCoultre Powermatic - US version "LeCoultre"

1. Fer Seamaster Jan 26, 2016

I am posting for sale my beloved Jaeger-Lecoultre Powermatic signed "LeCoultre", as this is a US version.

This piece was my first really "vintage" watch. I bought it two years and a half ago and I cleaned it properly and passed it on to my watchmaker, who disassembled, oiled, cleaned and regulated the movement. I took this watch back from this SPA treatment in January, 2014, and, now, it is time to let it go to another collector who can appreciate it.

As many of you may know, the caliber 481 mounted in this watch was the first massively produced wristwatch movement including a power reserve indicator. So this watch is not only beautiful but also important from an horological point of view.

Furthermore, another interesting point is the movement, dial and hands are swiss made (and "unadjusted"), but case is as American as NFL and hotdogs are. Many of you may also know this was a way of helping the Government increasing the price of the watch by adding a strong tax surcharge.

Condition is great for this piece. Though we must asses it as a good vintage condition, I must remark the eggshell textured dial has a nice patina and all tritium plots are original and located where they should be (though not working in the dark anymore, as we should expect). Numbers and indexes are golden batons or numerals, all of them clean enough. Hands are quite clean -and original-. Seconds hand is metallic blue. The power reserve disc is working perfectly. All numbers in the disc are ok and fully visible. Crystal is probably a later replacement, but fits perfectly and provides a clear vision of the dial and hands.

Case is 34 mm gold plated, with no losses of the gilt cover, pitting or any sign of bad behaviour. Caseback is made of stainless steel and is a screwed one.

Movement is simply gorgeous as you can check in the macro shots I am attaching. It is in perfect running condition, clean and working properly, as we must expect from a recently serviced machine which has been gently used only a few weeks since then.

I am offering this watch with a brown leather strap at a 90% condition and a contemporary JLC box, which completes a quite nice presentation.

Price for this set is 850 EUR OBRO, exc. paypal fees, shipping and any other overhead. I am located in Spain but all international trades are welcome, although I obviously prefer a EU deal.

If you do not want the box, we could negotiate, but I think this is one of the nicest Powermatics I have ever seen. In fact, I am letting it go as I need to raise funds for another watch and this is my third JLC.

Regarding trades: I would accept an automatic stainless steel JLC Memovox in similar condition to my Powermatic, IWC Pilot Ceramic -rattrapante is preferred-, Panerai 233, vintage Grand Seiko 45GS, Omega Seamaster Ploprof 600 or a Heuer 3647N. You can propose any other deal you may think. I shall answer all proposals. Of course, we shall adjust the difference in cost.

Regarding returns: I think watch is quite faithfully described above and I can answer all the doubts you may have and provide all the photos you may need, so as international returns may be difficult and expensive due to shipping costs, insurances and customs, I am not accepting them.

Now the photos:

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3388.JPG

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

Edited Feb 4, 2016
    GregH, Ericoh, valjoux72 and 3 others like this.
  2. Fer Seamaster Jan 29, 2016

Bump!

Price is negotiable, Make your offer!

3. Fer Seamaster Feb 2, 2016

Bump again!

I had a couple of offers this weekend and even a "potential deal", but I never received any payment... So this beauty is still for sale.

Regarding trades: I would accept an automatic stainless steel JLC Memovox in similar condition to my Powermatic, IWC Pilot Ceramic -rattrapante is preferred-, Panerai 233, vintage Grand Seiko 45GS, Omega Seamaster Ploprof 600 or a Heuer 3647N. Of course, we shall adjust the difference in cost.

Apart from that, I can hear any offer/trade you may think!

Stewart A likes this.
  4. Fer Seamaster Feb 4, 2016

Bump with price reduction.

Keep the offers coming!

I am attaching a shot comparing this watch size with a modern Rolex Datejust 116200, hence, you can see its actual size appearance:

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 5, 2016
    Ericoh and ELV web like this.
  5. Fer Seamaster Feb 6, 2016

Weekend bump!!