Forums Latest Members

Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox - vintage in steel

1. PhilipvD Aug 5, 2015

Hi Guys,

I have learned, that before I buy something I should ask the Omega forum community first! And see what they think about the originality and in general about the watch.

I wanted to buy a nice vintage JLC Memovox in Steel.

Personally, this is the best I version of the many Memovoxs out there and I really love the dail colour combo. The only thing that has been replaced is the glass (according to the seller)

What do you think?

DSC02261.jpeg DSC02276.jpeg DSC02274.jpeg
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 5, 2015

I think that I must have suddenly gone color blind, as I can't see the lovely dial colors of which you speak.

3. PhilipvD Aug 5, 2015

The centre dail is a more silver color than the surrounding dial.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 5, 2015

That's a value judgment, but I believe it's 100% legitimate.
    From about 1970.
    gatorcpa

5. Memovox Aug 5, 2015

That's a Memovox 875 - I have the version with a blue central dial. It's a versatile and classy watch that gets frequent compliments. A word of caution, the central dial on the pictured watch looks like it has a couple of spots. This dial has an iridescent sunburst finish radiating from the center. Any spots would be highly visible and would likely irritate any person that's particular about that sort of thing.

PhilipvD likes this.
  6. PhilipvD Aug 5, 2015

Thank you for the advise. I will ask for better resolution images. I really like the Memovox +

7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 7, 2015

admittedly highly subjective - but I cant wrap my head around those "toolish" hands and indexes in what is more or less a dressy watch - instant mismatch for me ...however, that is a general late-60ies to 70ies "disease".

[​IMG]

here is basically the same watch, some 20 years older ... looks way more coherent, if you get my drift

other than that: I see nothing really wrong with the one posted - should probably be a matter of price if its worth it ...

again its all IMHO
    cheers
    Al

Edited Aug 7, 2015
    PhilipvD likes this.