Forums Latest Members

SOLD Jaeger LeCoultre Master Geographic 142.8.29

1. bigsom Feb 3, 2018

This watch was originally purchased in 2006 and I bought it from the original owner. A receipt for service at the AD where it was purchased dating to 8/2013 is also included. The watch has been worn sparingly since I bought it in 2015. This is the reference 142.8.29 which is a transitional period using the updated caliber 939 movement found in the modern master geographic watches.

The watch is currently running +4 s/d dial up and +1 s/d crown down with amplitude ranging between 260-280 with correct lift angle set. The watch comes with inner and outer box as well as original warranty card (dated 2006) and instruction manual. I am missing the pusher tool for the date.

Dial: Best part of the watch in my opinion. The dial is a beautiful sunburst silver which really pops when catching the light. The dial features a second time zone register at 6 o'clock which shows the time as well as day and night set within the zone aperture below it. Power reserve and date are also displayed.

Hands: One of my favorite features of the watch, the steel hour and minute dauphine hands are centrally luminous, while the seconds, second time zone, power reserve, and date hands are beautiful blue steel.

Case:
    Stainless steel case with tiny microscratches as would be expected but in unpolished and original condition. This is the transitional reference 142.8.29 which measures 38mm x 45.5 mm by my calipers. I find this case to be much nicer than the larger 40mm cases of the more modern master geographics. Rose gold medallion on the case back is in fantastic condition without any noticeable wear. Small microscratches can be seen on the case back.

Crystal: Original sapphire crystal without any chips or gashes.

Crown: Original crowns marked JL at both the 3 o'clock and 10 o'clock position. Pusher for setting the date at the 2 o'clock position.

Movement: The legendary automatic JLC caliber 939. This is the smoothest winding movement I've ever had the pleasure to wind. Features automatic winding, manual winding, hacking, quick set date via pusher, second time zone with day night indication, and power reserve indicator.

Strap:
    This watch is on the original strap with original deployant buckle. The strap is worn and might have a little life left in it, but I kept it off of the watch to preserve the originality. The strap measures 19mm at the lugs and 16mm at the buckle.

Price: Offered at 3700 USD shipped in the USA with USPS Priority fully insured. International shipping at cost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rbob99, bigdubnick, George.A and 3 others like this.
  2. bigsom Feb 3, 2018

SOLD!

Thanks to all those who sent messages and to OF for a great platform to enjoy this hobby.

Edited Feb 3, 2018