Forums Latest Members
  1. speedbird Feb 4, 2018

48AAC773-ADF3-4F60-AF46-AC6D71AD1EA5.jpeg I thought I’d share a photo of my recently acquired JLC 159 from 1944. It’s just back from service and I’m very happy with how well it’s running. The watch is 34mm with a caliber 478 movement with a base metal, chromium plated case. I’d been searching for a nice 159 with patina for a while, I like the idea of such a high-end brand making Everyman watches.

2. chipsotoole Sep 7, 2018

That's a cool watch you got there. It's seen a lot of life!! Just a note of caution: Many cal p478 spare parts are getting ridiculously hard to find. My watch guy and I struggled for a long time to find a replacement setting lever for mine. It is a classic, well loved, and highly retained calibre you won't see up for sale very often. I think that's partly due to the highly sought after Geographic (or is it geophysic) model connection. I'd recommend not wearing it every day as your tool/ beater watch...but hey, that's just me!

3. speedbird Sep 7, 2018

Thanks!

I hardly wear it at all, my modern IWC and Rolex handle that role.

If I see a setting lever for a 478, I’ll keep you in mind. I browse the net from time to time for spares.

4. chipsotoole Sep 7, 2018

Thanks I got one!!! No need. Actually now I look at past notes it was a clutch lever! Gonna baby it through the era of my ownership!

5. speedbird Sep 7, 2018

Excellent. I could imagine wearing one of these daily, maybe 75 years ago when it was new