Forums Latest Members

Jaeger LeCoulter 2011 Master Control Date-Asian Market

1. omega man Rolex Conspiracy Theorist Nov 29, 2015

I just recently picked up a 99% like new JLC Master Control Date. The feature that separates this JLC from the norm is that it was designed specifically for JLCs Asian market. The size of the case is 37mm vs. 39 mm for the occidental. The dial is unique in its design. It is silver white. The dial has three large numerals; 6, 9, 12. There is no 3. Instead that is the location of the date window. There is no minute track as found on the N.A. and European model, where each minute is represented by a dot. My Asian model is austere, only having arrow markers at the five minute intervals. The hour and minute hands are daggers and the second hand is blue steel. It is automatic, using an in-house cal. 889 movement. The case is highly polished SS, while the bezel is slanted down from the crystal. This creates the illusion that the watch looks larger than it is. Printing on the dial is in very small font size, again no highly visible distractions. To sum up, it is a dial, deceptive in diameter, with a clean, crisp visual presentation of the time and date.

2. Traveler Nov 29, 2015

"no highlyvisible distractions"

No highly visible pics either ??? ::confused2::

3. flyingout Nov 29, 2015

Yes, pictures please. I wasn't aware of regional variations. Worried. And the 889/2 was replaced by the 899. I don't recall when, but earlier than 2011.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 29, 2015

As long as it's not Asian made............

5. ulackfocus Nov 29, 2015

No pictures = didn't happen.

6. flyingout Nov 29, 2015