Forums Latest Members

IWC Portugieser Chronograph Rattrapante Edition Boutique Canada

1. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 28, 2017

IWC-Portugieser-Chronograph-Rattrapante-Canada-Boutique-hero.jpg

To celebrate the successful opening of boutiques in both Toronto and Vancouver, IWC has launched a Canadian-specific limited edition chronograph dubbed the Portugieser Chronograph Rattrapante Edition Boutique Canada. I swung by the new Vancouver boutique for a quick hands-on with what turned out to be an interesting and rather exclusive Canuck spin on a classic IWC design.

At 40.9mm wide in stainless steel, the Portugieser Boutique Canada has a lovely silver-white dial, polished Arabic markers, and a pair of black subdials to complete that panda look. With red accents and a maple leaf adorning its steel case back, this Portugieser is handsome and detailed with a measure of casual sporty appeal.

Source : https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/i...-rattrapante-edition-boutique-canada-hands-on

IWC-Portugieser-Chronograph-Rattrapante-Canada-Boutique-6.jpg

Wow, I have always had an eye on the Portugiese family from IWC but this one is literally catching my eyes !

Super elegant, thin, panda dial, a color touch, manual winding, perfect size... I am in love ::love::

What do you guys think?

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 28, 2017

I love IWC, can’t seem to like this watch though. Maybe in person it makes more sense

3. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Dec 28, 2017

Quite cool! I really like the small red accents and how they contrast the dial. Another one to add to the wishlist, next to the Münich Boutique edition they produced earlier in a limited series (250 pieces).

So, that now makes four Rattrapante Boutique Editions in total, right?

- Canada (150 pieces)
    - München / Munich / (250 pieces)
    - Paris (250 pieces)
    - Milan (100 pieces in Gold)

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 28, 2017

I really like that, though I bet it wears big with that thin bezel, (un)fortunately it’s also a lot of $$$’s

OmegaRookie likes this.
  5. CSM Jan 6, 2018

Wow. Never wanted a white dial as much as I want this one. Panda + red accent is absolutely killer.

Wish more rattrapante references were out there. Omega doesn't have a current rattrapante offering do they?

OmegaRookie likes this.
  6. SaintMickey Jan 6, 2018

Like that a lot...at first I thought it was too big (like everything lately) but at just under 41mm that will do. Must have been the wrist shot.
    Oh wait but not at 11k. Nice though.

Edited Jan 7, 2018
  7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 7, 2018

All the Portuguese Chronos from IWC wear big because they use most of the real estate on the dial. Also having the tachometer under the glass helps with the effect.

8. qboa Jan 15, 2018

dial is nice

9. SteveZ28 Jan 15, 2018

Something about those pushers. Such a clean watch. And that caseback. OOOHHH CANADA!