Forums Latest Members

IWC Pilot's Chronograph...potential first time buyer with a question

1. Exarkun12 May 21, 2018

Hey guys,

I have recently started looking into IWC timepieces and am currently planning to purchase one of the Pilot's Chronograph models. I was at an AD yesterday looking through the various models they have, and I noticed a strange (to me) behaviour on the chronograph.

As I started the chrono function, I noticed that the chrono hour hand on the chrono hour register/totalizer is to the left of the 12 marker. When I stopped the chronograph and started it again, the chrono hour hand will then jump forward slightly. It seems like the chrono hour hand is abit 'twitchy'? When I reset the chrono function, the chrono hour looks like it is properly reset at the center position.

The behaviour seems to be intermittent, i.e. sometimes its fine, but at times the chrono hour hand is slightly to the left of the 12 marker. I also noticed this on another 2 pilot's chronographs they had in store.

Is this behaviour normal for the 7750 based movement?

I'm hoping some of you guys can chime in here...if this is normal for the movement I will have no hesitation to go ahead with the purchase..

Many thanks!!!

2. knappo1307 May 21, 2018

Was it fully wound? May be something to do with it not being wound all the way?

3. Exarkun12 May 22, 2018

The watch was not fully wound but I’m not sure if that would cause this since it’s the hour recorder hand...

4. akshayluc420 May 22, 2018

Not on mine, a 7751 in a Union Glashutte Belisar Moonphase Chrono.