Forums Latest Members

IWC Ingenieur 666A w/stunning bar markers SOLD

1. tmw57 Aug 16, 2015

A lovely example. Rare bar markers reflect the light in a spectacular fashion.

This is a one-owner example, purchased from the original owner several years ago. The acquisition of the exact same watch in mint condition makes this one redundant in my collection, hence the sale.

The bezel, midcase, and lugs are unpolished. The lugs even have remnants of the original factory brushing! Case back appears to have been skillfully and carefully polished. The oblique bevel on the case back has been retained and is sharp, something that is usually obliterated after polishing.

This watch is completely original including crown, dial and crystal. The movement is clean but will definitely need servicing as it has not been serviced in at least 25 years. Although it runs seamlessly and without a hiccup and starts with a shake of the wrist.

Full disclosure: There is some very faint smudging of the "Ingenieur lettering" which is shown in the pictures. This cannot be visualized with the naked eye and only under much greater magnification.

Also, when I received the watch the case back gasket was missing and there is some corrosion in the track where the case back gasket is placed. My watchmaker was able to clean a bit of the corrosion and fit a new case back gasket without difficulty. All pictured.

This same watch in similar, if not slightly more used condition, is being sold on a European dealers web site for $6600 U.S.

I would like a quick sale and am asking an extremely reasonable $4500 net to me, ono. Buyer pays shipping.
    paypal or bank wire. buyer to pay pp fees.

Please feel free to contact me for more pics, questions, etc.

I offer a complete 7-day money back return to any of the regulars on this forum. Please be able to provide references.

If you are new to the forum and/or unable to provide references then the watch will be final sale, no return.

OHPF

DSC_6099.JPG DSC_5490.JPG DSC_6101.JPG DSC_6103.JPG DSC_6104.JPG DSC_6097.JPG DSC_6111.JPG DSC_5496.JPG DSC_5497.JPG DSC_5503.JPG
    Edited Oct 6, 2015
    yako54, davidswiss, Skrotis and 9 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 16, 2015

I can vouch for the seller unreservedly, though the quality and transparency of the advert also speaks for itself.

Regards,

Tony C.

3. tmw57 Aug 26, 2015

Bump for price decrease.

Now $4000 ONO

cheers
    Todd

4. tmw57 Aug 30, 2015

Now decreased to $3750 ONO.

5. tmw57 Sep 6, 2015

Bump for decrease to $3500 ONO.

6. tmw57 Oct 2, 2015

OHPF.

I am attempting to get this watch through Danish customs to it's (hopefully) new owner. This is turning into something of a nightmare and the watch may be shipped back to me if the shipping process becomes any more complicated.

I've had a flurry of interest recently from a few other folks. I will reach out to them if the watch comes back to me.

I'm pretty surprised that this one didn't generate more interest as I've not seen a nicer one for under $5500 these last few months-

7. Bienne2998 Oct 2, 2015

I agree tmw57 - two years ago they seemed being "flavour of the year"....

I acquired one for quite a bit more.... If I hadn't I sure would have striked earlier on this one!
    yours is really very very nice!

8. tmw57 Oct 13, 2015

Sold to a very happy buyer in beautiful Denmark..

I'm still amazed that this one sat here so long. And of course the moment the buyer committed to purchase, a half-dozen other people contacted me about it!

George.A, Skrotis and philgund like this.