Forums Latest Members

IWC Electronic - What would be a fair price?

1. palkastu Dec 28, 2017

Hi!
    Im in the position to get a "mini-grail" at a reasonable price, but I have to let some of my watches go to gather funds.
    In that regard Im thinking of letting these two go at the bay/chrono24 or a similar marketplace.
    Both are the same model and in fully working order, but the similarities stops there.

One is full set with a pristine dial. Even the hang tags are included.
    The other are in poorer cosmetic condition and the "date wheel" has been changed at some point.

I think a fair price on the latter to be in the $300 - 400 range.
    I have no clue of what would be a fair price for the first.

What do you guys think?

Some boring facts:
    Model: IWC Electronic
    Movement: Cal, 150 (ESA 9162)
    Production year: Both are from the early 70s
    Case size: 36mm IWC1.jpg IWC2.jpg IWC3.jpg

2. Vanallard Dec 28, 2017

Your best bet is to check completed sales on eBay (advanced search feature) to get a sense of a reasonable price.

I think you would do well to get the one in poorer condition in your range, here's a relatively similar (with day feature) comparable:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IWC-Electr...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I would personally go for the complete set if the seller is willing to let it go for a reasonable price.

3. palkastu Dec 28, 2017

I think we may have misunderstood each other @Vanallard.
    Both watches are mine :)

I just want to know what you think is a fair selling price for each of them.