Forums Latest Members

I've forgotten how convenient wearing a watch is

1. Gurn May 9, 2018

Not a big deal but it kinda hit me today. I've not worn a watch in years always relying on my phone for the time. While I was working on building my new workshop today I wondered what time it was. Quickly looking down at the Seiko on my wrist ( which will soon be the Omega when its fixed) I thought " that was easy". With a phone many a time it just wasn't practical to pull it out, push a button to see time. So many times I just had no idea what time it was... or where I was at. haha.

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 9, 2018

The effectiveness of tools is measured by how efficiently they perform their function. A hammer for example, is one of the most effective tools. So too is a watch.

3. rb10chris May 10, 2018

I dropped off my watch for service last week so i haven’t been wearing one and I catch myself often trying to check my bare wrist for the time haha

4. dxholdren May 10, 2018

I haven’t not worn a watch since I got my first Omega. Granted, that was only 2 years ago now. But I’m also in my early 20s so it’s more than others I see that are my age.

5. Kmart May 10, 2018

Well there's your problem... you need to buy more watches!

dr1v3thru and rb10chris like this.
  6. shishy www.hpmor.com May 10, 2018

PHANTOM WATCH SYNDROME

It's the worst

dr1v3thru and rb10chris like this.
  7. destroid May 10, 2018

I like to point out to the time-on-phone folks how inconvenient their pocket watch is.

As I check my Speedmaster with a simple wrist rotation...

8. dr1v3thru May 10, 2018

That's funny; I call it that too :p It's the worst when you just leave your house and check the time and realize you don't have a watch.

Sometimes I'll take a quick glance at my watch and I already know what time it is without having to translate the hands to the numerical time.

9. dwboston May 10, 2018

I'm waiting to see (online or in my Twitter feed) one of those millennial-focused "life hacks" that recommends wearing a watch....

Taddyangle, dr1v3thru and Tootalltim like this.
  10. Tootalltim May 10, 2018

I remember when we used to call it a “tip”

11. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book May 10, 2018

Just like this nonsense of calling an opinion or commentary a "take". I want to vomit everytime I hear "first take" or "hot take". It's still just an opinion a-hole.

Buster and dwboston like this.
  12. Gurn May 10, 2018

Old radio guys called it "hints and kinks"

13. Professor May 11, 2018

There's the old saying that "Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one". I prefer "You know what they say about opinions every A-hole has one".

I got out of the habit of wearing a watch for many years, I would usually just carry a wristwatch in my pocket as if it were a pocket watch. Since getting my excellent 40's era Benrus I've found it so comfortable to wear that I forget I have it on, and when I don't have it on I'll find my self looking at my bare wrist to check the time.
    My other watches weren't exactly uncomfortable but I always knew they were there or not without looking.

Edited May 11, 2018
    Gurn likes this.
  14. omegaswisst May 11, 2018

Can't function without a watch on my wrist.
    I'm afraid to count how many times I look at my watch during the day. Sometimes to check the time but mostly just to enjoy it :)

dr1v3thru and Taddyangle like this.