Forums Latest Members

I've been lucky lately! Great pieces from the 1940s

1. palkastu Mar 25, 2018

Hi!
    Its been a while since I posted anything here, but I haven't stopped collecting :)
    I while back I bought a Omega from the late 40s. The case is in 14k gold (34mm), a 30T2 movement and a "great" dial :) The dial is heavily patinated, but I think it has its charm. The crown need to be replaced though.
    Ive havent included any pictures of the movement just because the watch have been recently serviced and I dont want to dust on the movement :)
    What do you think?
    (The next piece is further down)
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Today I won this beauty at auction for what I think was a great price! I also suspect the seller is a member here.
    I dont have many pictures yet, but it looks promising :) Im still not convinced the dial is all original, but I will find out when I get the watch.
    Omega Automatic Türler, ref. 2374, with papers.
    OmegaTurler0.jpg OmegaTurler.jpg OmegaTurler1.jpg

Vitezi, gminnj, smorrisonmd and 9 others like this.
  2. Holma20 Mar 25, 2018

It's mine ;)
    I bought it for my wife, but she didn't appreciate it as much as me :/ so had to go.. ofc she will be taking all the money ;) as they all do...
    I bought it here on of.. and the dial should be 100% original, that's what I've been told! :)

3. Steve1haggart Mar 25, 2018

the dial is all original that part is true .

4. Delroyb Mar 26, 2018

Absolutely love that Turler. I also seem to be buying a lot of 40's pieces at the moment (not just Omega). They have a certain style that I really dig (even if they are a touch smaller than I would usually go for).

5. palkastu Mar 26, 2018

Thanks!
    I actually think the Turler is 36mm so its big compared to many of the other watches of the same period :)