Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2014

Respectable Members:

I've waited for one of these to stop off at my station for I don't know how long…:p And have been searching like a maniac since I saw Gavin's nice example in wruw?

[​IMG]

I was particularly interested finding one with coloured dial furniture since most i've seen were all steel, which looks really good. I remember posting one a while back asking for some confirmation about the dial, turns out it was a very bad redial, what do I know! ;)

Since there isn't much material online about these, I figured i'd take a chance. I wonder what the buyer options were? I have found most 14381's to have the scalloped omega crown. I think mine is original to the watch. This particular watch dates from 1960. And carries a clean 551 caliber movement.

Just a couple of pics until I have more time to do it justice!

IMG_1593 2.JPG

I was really impressed with the colour of the movement, it's actually near new looking in real life….Must have been serviced at some point.

The medallion is also very sharp. But will save that for when I get chance to do some nicer pictures! :thumbsup:

tamura, gatorcpa, dantaspaulo and 6 others like this.
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Mar 19, 2014

Very, very nice!
    Unusual combination for sure and very striking. I'm a little surprised the hour markers extend over the minute tracks.

I wish I could sing better, Artists (and the occasional Doctor) seem to find all the best watches!
    All that free time, I guess.

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Mar 19, 2014

Excellent addition! :thumbsup:

Dablitzer likes this.
  4. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2014

Thanks Uncle Buck,

You've got me thinking about the markers, but I have seen a couple that overlapped if my memory serves me.

As for artist, I wouldn't say that's strictly true about free time... I am also a stock trader, so I work from home a lot. And occasionally have time to look at ebay….on breaks :whistling:

5. fjf Mar 19, 2014

That one has to be one of the prettiest omegas out there!!. That dial has overlapping markers. Here is mine:

P1030165.JPG
    Hijak, UncleBuck and Dablitzer like this.
  6. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2014

After your example….:thumbsup:

fjf likes this.
  7. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2014

fjf:

Have you noticed the M of AutoMatic has a different second hump? It's uneven in both our examples. Maybe this is a good lesson learnt for an original dial… There are many others I am sure...

fjf likes this.
  8. fjf Mar 19, 2014

Yes, a slight difference...Good to know!. You cannot be too careful out there...A minefield of frankens and redialers...

9. Spike Mar 19, 2014

Chuffing Nora!..........

Does a little fairy leave these on your pillow while you are sleeping? As you rub the sleep dust from your eyes you notice another beauty has arrived?

Either that or I'm going to stake out your house and follow you all day until you give up your secrets:thumbsup:

10. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2014