Forums Latest Members

Italian greetings from England, a personal introduction

1. Sebastian Tombs Aug 13, 2015

Hello all,

I am a 35 years old Italian graphic designer living in England since 2005. I own two watches one of which, my travel watch, is a first generation 45.5 mm Seamaster Planet Ocean chronometer with black dial and bezel, white numerals and usually worn on a black canvas ZULU strap.

I am writing this post since I have already started a few threads in the immediate past before realising today that I hadn’t formally introduced myself.

I am glad I have found these forums and I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

ST

marturx, blubarb and persco like this.
  2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 13, 2015

Welcome Sebastian. This is a great forum to learn from. Love to see a picture of your Seamaster.

Sebastian Tombs likes this.
  3. Fretworker Aug 13, 2015

Hi Sebastian, or may I call you Simon Templar? Welcome and keep posting

4. Sebastian Tombs Aug 16, 2015

Hello both and thank you for your welcome.

Fretworker, you may either call me that, or Sugarman Treacle if you prefer :)

Tpatta, here is a photograph. I took it together with my other watch so that I could post it on the Rolex Forums as well, also I wanted to show the two watches' relative size (36 mm and 45.5 mm) should that detail be of interest to anybody. Also, the Omega was not running when I took the photograph hence the inaccurate time and date.

[​IMG]

Jones in LA likes this.
  5. blubarb Aug 16, 2015

Hi Sebastion. Welcome. Nice wristy shot.

6. marturx Aug 16, 2015

Welcome!

Though not vintage watches, not without advantages :)

7. Sebastian Tombs Aug 16, 2015

Thank you both!

Thank you blubarb. I am happy and feel very lucky and priviledged that I now own a daily wearer that is quite versatile and can be worn either with a suit or a t-shirt, and an 'adventure' watch to wear when traveling, at the seaside, or when going on an adventure and hopefully link some fond and lifelong memories to it.

I think I can happily settle with these two timepieces and enjoy them without adding another watch to the lineup for a long while. If I were to do so, I would like a dress watch with a leather strap. My heart would want a Patek Philippe Calatrava in white gold with a black leather strap and no date complication. My bank manager would like to have me institutionalised, and my wife would settle on just having me killed and serving my heart to our daughter for dinner.

8. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Aug 16, 2015

Hello, Sebastian! What a beautiful pair of watches!

9. Rockmastermike Aug 17, 2015

Superb watch combo!

10. Sebastian Tombs Aug 18, 2015

Thank you very much to both of you, much appreciated :)