Forums Latest Members

It is finally here! (my new Speedmaster)

1. Dor_42 Mar 25, 2021

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-25 at 22.05.17.jpeg

My gift to self for my 30th had finally arrived! (I turned 31 earlier this month).
    A friend got it for me in the states cause of the huge price difference to where I live but then COVID hit and the skies closed.
    What was supposed to be a short wait became what felt like a trip to the Moon and back getting there by swimming.

Thanks to the vaccines the skies have finally opened and it arrived last Saturday, I got it on Tuesday just in time for Speedy Tuesday but I wanted to size it before the first shot I share with the forum.
    So today after I finished work I wore my big boys pants and did it myself (I decided I rather scratch it myself rather than letting a stranger at an AD do it) and I even managed to do it scratch free!
    Luckily my wife's hair dryer is on steroids and loosened the screws even on its lowest mode.

I removed 3 links at first but then decided it was too loose so 5 minutes later I removed another one and now it feels perfect.

I have to admit I never saw or held a Speedmaster in person prior to getting one, it exceeded my expectations and I absolutely love it.

Thanks for this wonderful platform that had great tips on how to size the bracelet, how to set the time with the hacking technique and thanks for giving us a place to share our love for watches when most people around us don't understand why we pay this much for something that can "only" tell time.

Edited Mar 25, 2021
    Omeg@007, Lu.., rob#1 and 22 others like this.
  2. vbrad26 Mar 25, 2021

Yeahhhhhhhhh buddy.

Dor_42 likes this.
  3. NorthLaw Mar 25, 2021

Congrats! Just got my speedy today too. Isn’t it a great feeling?

enjoy it!

Dor_42 likes this.
  4. Krispy Mar 25, 2021

Congrats. !

Dor_42 likes this.
  5. owl. Mar 25, 2021

I'd like to add that I agree with you.

Everyone says a watch can only tell you the time.

Darn it, there are watches with dates on them! and days, and months, and moon phases!

hahaha

That, and most watches tell a story :)

Enjoy your timepiece and wear it in good health!

Dor_42 likes this.
  6. tfinneman Mar 25, 2021

Congrats!

Dor_42 likes this.
  7. gnuyork Mar 25, 2021

Man, Ioved reading every word of that. I can sense your joy. Much congratulations on finally getting it!

Dor_42 likes this.
  8. Walrus Mar 25, 2021

Long may you rock that bad boy

Dor_42 likes this.
  9. Pazzo Mar 25, 2021

+1 to every word @gnuyork said.

Enjoy in good health.

Dor_42 likes this.
  10. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 25, 2021

After such a long wait, you deserve all the joy this watch obviously gives you. Congratulations, I wish you many, many years of healthy and happy wearing!

Dor_42 likes this.
  11. Screwbacks Mar 25, 2021

Perfect gift. enjoy it for the next 30 years. :D;)

Dor_42 likes this.
  12. split-time Mar 26, 2021

Congratulations on the beautiful new watch! I can't imagine waiting that long, but on the other hand it must mean so much more. Maybe the arrival of the watch signals the beginning of a return to some normalcy after such a hard year. I take it that you were able to see your friend...and things like that mean more than the watch:).