Forums Latest Members
  1. Carnagerobert Aug 17, 2016

Hey guys ! Please help ! I purchase a 212.30.44.50.01.001 a 1 year in half ago at a authorize dealer . After 2 month owning it I took it in for regulation . That fine I understand cause it was 2 mins ahead a day . After 2 months in a half . I got it back . And now one year later , the chronograph hands get stuck ( if it marks 3 mins, and 4 hours after I reset the seconds resets but the minutes and hours stay stuck after a couple of tries ). And now the actual second of clock is stopping also . This time I by passed the a.d and took it in to swatch group . I'm so displeased because my second time for a brand new watch . I spoke to omega hq rep and he brushed me off and said its in warranty there is nothing they can do. He also promised his supervisor would call and haven't heard from them . I turned In a letter to swatch group notifying them
    of how mad and displease I was of the product. It ridiculous to send it in 2 times in year in half . What do you guys think ? And how can I go
    About this please? I'm sure there a good company that can turn this around ? What is the most the company can do for my inconvenience ?

image.png
  2. Carnagerobert Aug 17, 2016

image.jpeg

3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Aug 17, 2016

I'm not sure what you expect us to tell you. The watch is not performing and it's being dealt with under warranty (I presume). Hopefully whatever remedial work has been carried out will finally fix the issues and allow you to enjoy the watch for many years to come.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Carnagerobert Aug 17, 2016

I understand . But don't you think for a new watch I shouldn't have to go thru this? 2 times in less than 2 years ? What is the most they can do for me ? Or who should I complain to ?

5. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Aug 17, 2016

I'm not sure what you are looking for. I agree that this should not have happened, but that's what a warranty is for. With regard to any compensation/recompense above and beyond repair/service this might be a starting point http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/713v88CrvjS.pdf

6. Dombo63 Aug 17, 2016

Keep complaining to the shop you bought it from as it is still under warranty. No, it is not ideal, but sometimes things like this happen.

7. tyrantlizardrex Aug 17, 2016

Fix the watch under warranty - that's what the warranty is there for.

Yes, it does suck when things break... but it is getting fixed... not to be overly mean, but I think your expectations of what you are owed, or entitled to, might be exceeding reality.

Edited Aug 17, 2016
    themarshmall0w, Foo2rama and ac106 like this.
  8. Dombo63 Aug 17, 2016

Or, if you are really, really lucky, and put on your best cryface, (think Carrie in Homeland, not Carrie in, er Carrie) you might get a Spectre pen.

9. ioaniro Aug 17, 2016

I actually understand the OP frustration, if you buy a nice watch which you intend to use everyday and that watch spends 30% of its time in repairs. I'd be pissed too . For most people here since you guys are collectors it might not be a big deal just put on the other watches and wait ... I'm not sure how it works for omega but I'd try to be polite while chatting with the same guy that sold you the watch and get him to flag the repair as urgent I possible?

10. tyrantlizardrex Aug 17, 2016

Again, not to be a huge gentleman sausage... but the watch has been on the OPs wrist for 18 months... with the exception of the 2.5 months it took to regulate, which blows my mind a little, given they rebuilt my x-33 in 6 weeks... but I digress - anything could have happened to it... it's under warranty... it's getting fixed.

These are mechanical devices... they break... they get fixed.

Life is too short to get upset by this.

And the level of entitlement that seems to jump into play when something goes wrong... where does that come from?

Now get off my lawn. ;)

11. ioaniro Aug 17, 2016

I agree, life is too short to get upset by these things. But under warranty law the repair has to be with minimum inconvenience and within a reasonable time. I would not consider 2.5 months a reasonable time.

12. tyrantlizardrex Aug 17, 2016

I suspect (as always), there is more to tell.

As in all good stories, there are three sides: Your side, their side, the truth. ;)

13. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 17, 2016

Another other element that has escaped discussion so far is the possibility the AD's repair person messed something up when they 'regulated' the watch. Was it sent to Omega of that work or done by someone who works with the AD?

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 17, 2016

Guys your being mean. Tell him the password and give him the special email that will get him a free Nylon omega bag.

To the OP yeah it sucks but sometimes it happens and they are resolving it for you as per the warranty agreement. Your warranty repair work is going as fast if not faster then most. I'm just not sure what you want here.

15. BruceTheManLee Aug 17, 2016

As other posters has said....unfortunately there's nothing really that can be done.
    It is covered under warranty and it is getting fixed (or continue to be fixed)
    Given the supposed quality of Omega and the $ spent you would expect more; however, the warranty is there to fix things such as this.
    How you're treated and the level of satisfaction you have will dictate if you are a future Omega owner.
    Unfortunately, short of getting a discount off your next watch, there's not much you can do

16. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 17, 2016

I got crap service from Montblanc as well on my Time walker GMT. Gave up on the boutique I purchased from and had an AD hammer them. Still the watch commuted between Chicagoland and Texas four times. When my JLC's come due for service fortunately both of their area AD's are superb but I will pray that I don't have a similar problem with the very same service center. It happens.

17. bnabod Aug 17, 2016

Crap happens use the warranty and move on. The expectation that things shall never go wrong is a tad childish. You want perfect go to Walmart and pick up one of these nice Casios for 9.99 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk