Forums Latest Members
  1. dwboston Nov 3, 2018

I encountered a problem with my Gemini IV LE tonight. I went to adjust the time for the end of Daylight Savings Time tonight, and when I pushed the crown back in and began to wind the watch, the watch would not wind and the hands kept moving. When I pulled the crown out again, it nearly came all the way out of the watch.

There's obviously something broken and the watch clearly needs servicing, but does anyone have any idea what it could be? I acquired the watch from a seller here earlier this year - the seller indicated the movement had been serviced in 2017. I plan to bring the watch to the local AD next week to have it sent for servicing/repair.

Hands90 likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 3, 2018

Most likely a loose setting lever screw. Nothing serious ans easily fixed by any competent watchmaker.

Hands90 likes this.
  3. dwboston Nov 3, 2018

Thanks Al - I appreciate it.

4. dwboston Jan 25, 2019

Wanted to update the thread. I brought the watch to the local AD back in November and they sent it into Omega for service. I got it back today, along with the parts they replaced. They replaced the crystal, two rubber gaskets, chrono pushers, all of the hands and chrono hands, and the internal movement parts in the picture below. Watch is running fine so far and looks great. Service took 11 weeks from the time I dropped it off until it came back to the store.

IMG_20190125_200926.jpg IMG_20190125_200909.jpg IMG_20190125_201034.jpg

rominvicta, RMA, Taddyangle and 3 others like this.
  5. Bushido Jan 25, 2019

Happy to see the watch finally came back. Looks stunning and it's certain to eat up a whole lot of wrist time. Enjoy!

6. elmar2001 Jan 26, 2019

I love this blue dial. Good that the watch is back from service. Have fun!

7. RMA Jan 26, 2019

Beautiful piece, glad to see it’s finally home.

8. stevec14 Jan 26, 2019

Glad it’s back. Time to start enjoying it. Looks like they did a great job.

9. dwboston Jan 28, 2019

Another update - the watch has been running great since I got it back. I'm not obsessive about tracking seconds per day gained/lost, but it was set Friday evening at the AD and has stayed accurate since then. It also has the full 48 hour power reserve. The watch ran noticeably slow after I acquired it, probably losing somewhere between 8-10 seconds a day (it seemed a minute slow after about a week), and the power reserve seemed to fluctuate, never getting close to 48 hours after a full wind. I purchased the watch here last spring, and the ad stated the movement was recently serviced (not by Omega - and I'm not implying that only Omega can do a good service on these watches) in 2017. Lesson learned - when you buy a used watch like this, assume it will need a full service soon.

Edited Jan 28, 2019
    RMA likes this.
  10. RMA Jan 28, 2019

That’s 100% so true. Perfect example, I purchased a 2006 14060M full set last summer. Was never mentioned it was ever serviced but found out days later it was running +10 visually & time graphed by my R/Omega service guy. $600 later it has its first polish ever along w service and now since then it’s running +3 after days of wearing it without fiddling w the time. I had to do the same w my 16710 purchased used and full set. Now it runs perfectly (no polish needed). Think I got lucky w this 3572 I had purchased a few weeks back, was advertised serviced from the dealer on line & it’s running +7 currently (time graphed). I love that Blue Limited you have, gorgeous watch.